Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/21 at 23:59

We played well, disappointed with some of the chances missed but we were always in the game. 

My main gripe was after deservedly levelling after outplaying them all the 2nd half we give a silly pen away. It was soft but the team must know United always get pens if you breathe on them in the box and there was no need for Luiz to go pursue like that as there was no danger on. 

Just chalk this one off and move on, we’ve a good chance of beating spurs playing like that.

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I don't care for all the hate talk and conspiracy theories. The fact is it was two silly mistakes that cost us. Mings and Luiz will be kicking themselves. 

Pogba also kicking himself

• Haha 3

The pen is a joke. The only think in Pogba's mind was getting in the box and diving. Ref bought it and it decided the game. 

How many fouls did McTomany, Fred and Matic have in the game? Ref only started giving out cards with a min left as he knew he wouldn't have to give a second. 

We were the better team over the 90 mins. 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Good team effort, especially in the 2nd half. Think we deserved a point here. 

Manure is always going to get a soft penalty so can't really complain there, it's in the PL rules and everyone knows it.

Our lack of a bench is why I think we might miss out on a top-10 finish unless we strengthen in January.

It's such a joke that opposition fans just accept it as a given!

I was looking forward to a win tonight but wasn't to be. 

We played really well - deserved at least a draw but we're cheated by pogba and the ref. 

Not to mention the many fouls he let go - for me you could see the realization in the players that they were playing the ref as well. 

So I'm looking at is as a draw - we were at least as good, and this is as good as a side now level top of the league. 

Not bad considering where we were just a few months back. 

• Like 1

Problem for me is kind off that El Ghazi and Traroe are very wasteful with final balls - but they keep coming up with goals. Watkins will bury loose balls that come to him, but in the premiership its those half chances that need putting away - couple more tonight. He is isn't good to pick up the ball and beat a man - and is far from lethal with anything else.

Very soft penalty, didnt think it was at full speed and looked even less slowed down. Some things never change...

Prob one of our best performances i can remember at Old Trafford, they kept Grealish fairly quiet and McGinn had a quiter second half.. The version I was watching we may as well have been MUTV, seem to think they are title challengers. With this ref I would agree...

Nothing to fear going forward, improve the squad in Jan and we're good to go

Don't think I've ever seen more exactly correct predictions of the outcome of a match. If we'd equalised again they'd have got another penalty.

Cash was excellent today, looked a bargain. El Ghazi looked like he's still hungry and confident. Traore less involved but at least contributing goals and assists regularly. Martinez maybe not at his best for the goal (but he was probably expecting Mings to clear) but immense otherwise including some proper decisive sweeper work.

Not the most dispiriting way for an unbeaten run to end

• Like 1

Â