Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

24 minutes ago, useless said:

Just seen someone on a Leeds forum claim that Rodrigo De Paul has agreed to sign for us, probably not true, but did wonder about him after he was linked to Leeds in the summer.

Would be nice, he looks excellent. If that was the case it would seem like we've decided against Barkley permanently

Edited by YouUnastanFren

24 minutes ago, useless said:

Just seen someone on a Leeds forum claim that Rodrigo De Paul has agreed to sign for us, probably not true, but did wonder about him after he was linked to Leeds in the summer.

He is pretty much Udinese version of Jack, everything goes through him but plays more central.  Dont see it happening as they are in a relegation battle

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Engels being linked by Voetbalkrant with a move to Club Brugge.

Yeah I think he will leave. Hourihane probably have some interest too. Guilbert maybe too but I still wouldn’t sell him personally, Cash is obviously first choice but on a selfish view Guilbert would make great back up. 

I doubt it's true, the person who wrote it claimed to know our kitman, and I'm not sure how our kitman would know who has and hasn't agreed to sign for us. Not sure how he would fit in either as seems he plays central midfield in a similar position to Barkley.

13 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Yeah I think he will leave. Hourihane probably have some interest too. Guilbert maybe too but I still wouldn’t sell him personally, Cash is obviously first choice but on a selfish view Guilbert would make great back up. 

i dont see us letting any of them go. we let engels go then who do we have after hause? i think we'll keep everyone till the summer then re asess

14 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Would be nice, he looks excellent. If that was the case it would seem like we've decided against Barkley permanently

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure how he would fit in either as seems he plays central midfield in a similar position to Barkley.

As the above poster mentioned, maybe we have no plans to keep Mr Barkley now and this lad could be one of the possibly identified replacements perhaps?

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has played the 3 games for Udinese this year including today

Captain as well - Today at least, don’t know if he is normally captain or not? 
Fairly certain he isn’t actually moving anywhere, but if he was I would expect the Bielsa pull would be far to great. 

Edited by Tayls

De Paul has been linked to Juventus, Inter, Plop (and us :D ) in the last couple of days. Doubt it is here his agent is looking to sell him but flattering we are mentioned alongside those type of clubs.

38 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Fairly certain he isn’t actually moving anywhere, but if he was I would expect the Bielsa pull would be far to great. 

Never say never but I doubt he would be cheap either given it's the January window and it would depend on Udinese stance too.

Maybe there's more chance of signing RuPaul.

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

8 million is chicken feed for a player that promising.

I don’t disagree, provided he can step up toe the PL. I was just trying to offer an explanation as to why his release clause might be so low. 

31 minutes ago, sne said:

De Paul has been linked to Juventus, Inter, Plop (and us :D ) in the last couple of days. Doubt it is here his agent is looking to sell him but flattering we are mentioned alongside those type of clubs.

He only want to play for a big club, so that leaves Leeds out.