Match Thread: Villa v Stoke

limpid

Half arsed garbage. 

The quality of our passing has been diabolical - in particular Hause and El Ghazi who don't look like they could find a Villa shirt if they were locked in the club shop overnight. We've missed two absolute sitters with Lanbsury's header and Davis's shot and we've not looked too bothered about being behind. A half time rollicking is required and maybe a change or two.

Ramsey has looked decent, Traore has done a couple of good things but hasn't been involved in the game - it's all very meh.

On that first half, there's absolutely no-one in this side that you'd put anywhere near being a challenge for their first team equivalent - every single player here is comfortably second best to the man picked for league games.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, nepal_villan said:

Nakamba has been solid.

Hause awful.  He needs to just pass it a MF and let them carry it forward. Lansbury is poor.  

Stoke is out working us. 

Hause is lucky Nakamba is in front of him

Lacklustre.

Commentator made a remark before the game started how much strength and depth there is to Villa this season, I think he was wrong.

The likes of Lansbury, El Ghazi, Nakamba and Guilbert are all distinctly average.

Guilbert was slack the last five minutes and nearly cost us a second goal.

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

And therein lies the problem. I think people forget el Ghazi will be starting for us if Grealish is injured. 

On the other hand, he was routinely starting last season.

There's a lot of shit in the squad, but we''re definitely moving in the right direction. Up front is the position that really worries me though. I don't know what Davis's level is, but it's not this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

How some of these are close to first team is scary

At least they won't likely ever be in the pitch at the same time in the Premier League. Hopefully there's enough quality in the first team to mitigate since of their drawbacks.

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

Nakamba has been solid.

Hause awful.  He needs to just pass it a MF and let them carry it forward. Lansbury is poor.  

Stoke is out working us. 

To me it is worse being out worked than out played