Match Thread: Villa v Stoke

limpid

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I kinda struggle to see why Davis is so popular. He’s a striker that can’t score and is worse than Heskey, who got relentless abuse. 

There's more of the Harewoods than the Heskeys about our Keinan.

Either way he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, sadly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Lacklustre.

Commentator made a remark before the game started how much strength and depth there is to Villa this season, I think he was wrong.

The likes of Lansbury, El Ghazi, Nakamba and Guilbert are all distinctly average.

Guilbert was slack the last five minutes and nearly cost us a second goal.

And Davis. How he is avoiding criticism after that poor performance is beyond me.

With space and time Lansbury spray some filthy passes, but in tight spaces his decision making and strength on the ball are woeful. He falls over so much, I'm not sure if he's mixing up his feet, then getting bundled over or what. He's looks more lightweight with every game. I can't nail it down but it feels like the kind of stuff you'd notice people messing up in Sunday league. 

This is more like the Villa to which we have become accustomed! Taylor and El Ghazi are depressingly awful footballers. Lansbury also poor. As a league cup match, I suppose it doesn't really matter, but it is a performance so far that blunts what had been a nice rolling momentum. Need to make some changes if we care at all about the outcome of this match.

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Lacklustre.

Commentator made a remark before the game started how much strength and depth there is to Villa this season, I think he was wrong.

The likes of Lansbury, El Ghazi, Nakamba and Guilbert are all distinctly average.

Guilbert was slack the last five minutes and nearly cost us a second goal.

Does another winger now make more sense to you?

And an LCB/LB.

You wonder if Deanos done this on purpose to let the owners know we need more. lol

• Like 1

Just now, Greenfly said:

This is making me realise how much of a direct upgrade Cash is over Guilbert. Same sort of player, but superior in every way.

I still like the guy, but damn.

I noticed that.  Funny thing is i didnt think there was any need for an upgrade there.......