3. Worse
  4. Than
  5. Not
  6. Being
  7. At
  8. Villa
  9. Park
  10. Keinan Davis' finishing

He’s no striker. We should convert him to a centre back and give him 1 last chance of making a career of it at VP.

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

This is more like the Villa to which we have become accustomed! Taylor and El Ghazi are depressingly awful footballers. Lansbury also poor. As a league cup match, I suppose it doesn't really matter, but it is a performance so far that blunts what had been a nice rolling momentum. Need to make some changes if we care at all about the outcome of this match.

Matters to me TBH. 1996 is a long time ago. Needs to change. 

• Like 1

Okay,  2nd half.

Few changes need made for sure.

Maybe bring on Luiz, Hourihane and Watkins around 60th minute for Nakamba, Angela and El Ghazi and switch to a 4-4-2 imo.

The European competition at the end of it might not be worthwhile but nice to win the trophy regardless.

We love a visit to Wembley even though we've hardly won bugger all all there since its been rebuilt.

Time to change that.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I honestly think Lansbury is awful and offers us next to nothing, why is he still here?

No one is stupid to pay the wages we gave him. Why we did is beyond me 

Doing well to be 1 nil down when we only have 4 players who look remotely bothered about playing a first team game.

Steer

Ramsey

Gilbert

Traore 

The rest of them have literally been dog dirt.

Davis has the touch of a rapist tonight and carries his normal zero goal threat.

El ghazi is thinking he can dribble and do what ever he wants, which he can't and has been greedy and poor.

Lansbury has missed 2 or 3 sitters and poor passing

Nakamba back to his worst, slow poor negative passing.

Taylor is having a Taylor game of poor play generally mixed with zero forward thinking

Hause has saved up his one suicide pass per game for this one as has given 3 or 4 so far

Elmo another thinking he's Beckham, giving the ball away most times he gets it or sign posting his pass to a full back immediately putting them under pressure.

I know its only the cup but good god, have some self pride if nothing else.

Shambles of negative shite

Just now, a m ole said:

I mean, that was really bad. Hause has the worst decision making I’ve seen since Tonev.

When he tries to play that intricate forward pass into a player surrounded by 3 defenders. He has to take 15 seconds to line his cruiseliner up and take aim that it gets telegraphed and gobbled up by the defender with ease. Must have done it about 5 times that half🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Half arsed garbage. 

The quality of our passing has been diabolical - in particular Hause and El Ghazi who don't look like they could find a Villa shirt if they were locked in the club shop overnight. We've missed two absolute sitters with Lanbsury's header and Davis's shot and we've not looked too bothered about being behind. A half time rollicking is required and maybe a change or two.

Ramsey has looked decent, Traore has done a couple of good things but hasn't been involved in the game - it's all very meh.

On that first half, there's absolutely no-one in this side that you'd put anywhere near being a challenge for their first team equivalent - every single player here is comfortably second best to the man picked for league games.

That is sinful.....they should be fighting for the first team shirt, otherwise ship out.

there is no excuse for lack of workrate.

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Lacklustre.

Commentator made a remark before the game started how much strength and depth there is to Villa this season, I think he was wrong.

The likes of Lansbury, El Ghazi, Nakamba and Guilbert are all distinctly average.

Guilbert was slack the last five minutes and nearly cost us a second goal.

He also said "we all know Taylor is an attacking full back". Each game I watch makes me realise more how little homework commentators do. 

• Like 2

Hause and Lansbury give the ball a lot, poorly tonight hope both subs at start of the second half.

Lansbury and Davis are missing a two golden chance - (1 each other as open easy goal chance and miss miles away).

Hope Watkins and Luiz, Konsa comes to sort this mess and turnabout to win at around 50-60mins or start at the second half.

Note: 
Traore is hit and miss, good movement and silly mistake. 

Ramsey enjoys watching the play as he reminds me of Grealish running maze which good thing as we need this type to push forward in the centre midfield zone, but he still young :-O. 

Taylor is much better than before after he learns the lesson last match vs bristol city turnabout his attack is better running and overlap. Which good to challenge Targett.

Once the match over can we rid Hause? And replace left foot youth star and potential start future to challenge Mings? 

I quit drinking 3 weeks ago, felt like I was losing that little bit of self control when drinking alone, I thought I would treat myself to a few bottles tonight though...**** glad I did, this has been pretty shit from what I've seen.

Granted I haven't paid much attention but that is only because it has been so bad.