Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

To be honest, he’ll be an upgrade pn what we have, and offer something different.

I heard he was playing a wing back last season, if so then it seems that his performance declined for a reason. 

He have pace, tricky. For now thats an upgrade. I will look forward to see him.

Can’t say I’m very happy, but better than nothing.

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If there ever is the greatest example of being held at ransom, this would be it.

20 million for Bertrand Traore is a robbery. Great potential of being the worst signing of the season.

We get it mate, you don’t rate him..

doesn’t matter how many ways you say it it won’t change a thing.... hmmmm unless the Villa board are double checking for your permission before they sign 🤔

He does have the potential to improve on what we have so although I think the price is too high it may just have to be the price we need to pay to improve. Let’s  face it when you look at our business it’s all been overpriced, maybe it’s got something to do with the fact we have been shit for years and just survived in the prem by the skin of our teeth and the help of a blatant VAR eff up. Couple that with teams knowing we have money to spend we end up getting stung by high prices or have to walk away.

We love the Villa but outside of our blurred vision of greatness we offer no history to the players out there now so instead have to sell our dream to them, a dream that you may call potential which is exactly what it appears we are also recruiting on and thus brings us back round to Traoré who is a player that obviously has the skills, maybe this will be his time to shine but if it’s not we deal with it and move on as every other team has to do.

Edited by Cosmik Debris
  • Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Because having a squad is a good idea?

Yes. Besides I think this guy competes with Trez on the right. Ollie, Cash, Martinez, Traore, Rashica, and new centre mid then I'd be very happy with this window. This brings what was missing last season, pace in the forward areas and complements the squad and system well. Then offload, Nyland, Kalinic, Lansbury 🤨, Hogan and Jota.

Improving the squad:

Martinez > Nyland

Cash > Kalinic

CM > Lansbury (you'd hope)

Watkins > Hogan

Rashica> Jota

Traore depth

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yes. Besides I think this guy competes with Trez on the right. Ollie, Cash, Martinez, Traore, Rashica, and new centre mid then I'd be very happy with this window. This brings what was missing last season, pace in the forward areas and complements the squad and system well. Then offload, Nyland, Kalinic, Lansbury 🤨, Hogan and Jota.

Improving the squad:

Martinez > Nyland

Cash > Kalinic

CM > Lansbury (you'd hope)

Watkins > Hogan

Rashica> Jota

Traore depth

Cash is definitely a better RB than Kalinic. Probably a better GK too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If there ever is the greatest example of being held at ransom, this would be it.

20 million for Bertrand Traore is a robbery. Great potential of being the worst signing of the season.

Its not the greatest scam thou, its not Kepa!

I usually make a point once and if someone seeks clarification I'll give it. Going on and on about the same point is a waste of everyone's time effort and energy.  I don't even know which thread I'm in because they've all become the same. FFS!

The sun's out go to the beach lads get yer moobs out get sunburnt have some fish n chips and a flake 99 try asking for a girls number or instabook whatever they use these days get sloshed fall over in your own puke and enjoy tomorrow's game. Sheesh!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cosmik Debris said:

We get it mate, you don’t rate him..

doesn’t matter how many ways you say it it won’t change a thing.... hmmmm unless the Villa board are double checking for your permission before the sign 🤔

Actually if he says it another  394,976,654 times in different ways in different realitys, chances are each and everyone of us will somewhere, Somehow, Someway be agreeing to him.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, striker said:

What's the point on spending 20m on him then just to sit on the bench for most of the season when Watkins can fill in out wide?

Seems a bizarre signing to me if it happens unless it's being used to flush out the Banana deal?

He plays on the right and cuts in to shoot with his left. 

Rashica plays on the left and cuts in to shoot with his right. 

Both are wide forwards with a lot of pace. When you add in Watkins it is a lightning quick front three. 

Jack will be moved back into midfield and will be in charge of feeding them through balls. 

We will play the compact defensive structure we finished last season with, except we will be looking to spring forward at pace with counterattacks. 

This is the style of football Shakespeare coached into Leicester City when they went on to win the league.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If thats the biggest question you have it is terrible reasoning.

Chelsea also sold Salah and Kevin De Bruyne.

There is much better reasoning than that presented mate.

Not to say that Traore will turn out to be a blinding success, but a lot of Villa fans have some delusions of grandeur when it comes to turning their noses up at the idea of signing players who aren't quite up to the level of sides that routinely make the Champions League knockout stages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He plays on the right and cuts in to shoot with his left. 

Rashica plays on the left and cuts in to shoot with his right. 

Both are wide forwards with a lot of pace. When you add in Watkins it is a lightning quick front three. 

Jack will be moved back into midfield and will be in charge of feeding them through balls. 

We will play the compact defensive structure we finished last season with, except we will be looking to spring forward at pace with counterattacks. 

This is the style of football Shakespeare coached into Leicester City when they went on to win the league.

Pace is worth nothing without end product.

Just watch Daniel James play against a team that sits deep.

By the sounds of it. Traore got terrible decision making. Is very predictable to defend against and he's shooting is bad.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

By the sounds of it. Traore got terrible decision making. Is very predictable to defend against and he's shooting is bad.

🥱🥱🥱

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just read on a Lyon forum that Traore was the person who bought the bat that led to Covid-19.

Got a bad feeling about this one.

Covid 19 jokeAlert GIF by memecandy

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Same with strength, but you still wont let go of the Keinan Davis dream.

FYI Traore has 33 goals and 17 assists in 84 games worth of minutes for Lyon. How much more should he have produced?

Edited by Sam-AVFC
stupidity

1 minute ago, joshharris12 said:

Miserable forum this welcome traore I for one will be clapping as you come on for the first time 

Definitely. The overreaction by some is ridiculous. At least give him a period of games before writing him off. I'm excited by the pace we could potentially have in this team. 

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Same with strength, but you still wont let go of the Keinan Davis dream.

FYI Traore has 33 goals and 17 assists in 84 minutes worth of games for Lyon. How much more should he have produced?

Not even Messi has those numbers. We're Robbin them blind.

• Haha 2

Â