Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Pretty sure most people are taking it into account. 

What would you like us to do with this information?

We should be more critical to the board and the recruitment.

It's signings like this that will see us relegated. Watkins was a great, great start moving into the right direction. And if we can land Rashica, that would be outstanding.

But there is no point with this guy. Go and get Benrahma and Rashica and we are set.

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Pretty sure most people are taking it into account. 

What would you like us to do with this information?

I think he'd like us to repeat ourselves over and over again and pretty much ruin Villatalk for 5 hours and counting.

The first bit is very true and will be the case for most people. As for lad, it's like he can't acknowledge doubts without writing 7000 words on it. 7000 words of the same thing repeated. @Lad—it's time to go do something else and give other people a turn to talk about Villa.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Doesn't always work like that.

A lot of players have their better years in the early twenties. This seem to be the case for this guy.

I don't know what has stopped his progress. Whether it is a lack of passion for the game. Bad attitude. Off the field issues.

What i can tell is i'd take Benrahma. Every day of the week.

Now I think I would also rather we get Benrahma than Traore, but apparently Benrahma may not want to come to us. Maybe he's holding out for a top six/seven club or maybe he wants to stay in London. We just don't know. But I hope you've watched the Traore goals video (Twitter) posted recently in this thread, there's a lot of sublime skill in there, regardless that it's only Ligue 1. I don't think that kind of ability disappears forever overnight.

Edited by robby b

1 hour ago, samjp26 said:

Why do black footballers constantly get tarnished with this "bad attitude" stick? Not being funny but fans hardly ever know how a player's character is unless it is purposely put out there for us to know (e.g. Ross McCormack).

I think something being overlooked here is the fact that our man JT spent plenty of time around the player and will know his character, skillset and talents very well. I'm also sure Traore will have a lot of respect for JT just like all other Chelsea players did. If anything we have far better knowledge with this player than we do usually.

In regards to traore only, I have read comments from 2 of his last managers. 

Both have suggested he has a negative attitude or he perceives that everyone is against him. These were managers who signed him and picked him to play.

Some players fit at clubs and some dont, its 2 of his managers suggesting his attitude needs some adjustment that is slightly concerning.

However we've had players with a great attitude at our club who have been useless such as hogan and lansbury so its no guarantee if they have a great attitude.

As long as he works his socks off, plays well and gets on with his team mates and becomes part of the unit, just like every signing we make should, I cant see it becoming an issue.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We should be more critical to the board and the recruitment.

how so? are you talking about protests at VP? or just ranting about it on here and generally making everyone miserable?

Â