Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

One question that bugs me is if hes this really good player, why on earth did Chelsea sell him??

If thats the biggest question you have it is terrible reasoning.

Chelsea also sold Salah and Kevin De Bruyne.

There is much better reasoning than that presented mate.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, striker said:

What's the point on spending 20m on him then just to sit on the bench for most of the season when Watkins can fill in out wide?

Seems a bizarre signing to me if it happens unless it's being used to flush out the Banana deal?

He'll play on the right wing where Jack never plays. It's obvious to me at least we're signing Traore to play on the right wing so he can cut in on his left (we don't have a single player who can do that currently), Rashica will be playing on the left to cut in on his right, and then Jack will probably moved to the middle. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

‘Everyone’ being the same small group who hammer literally everything.

I'm still convinced it's all just one person who gets pissed off that half the forum has his main account on ignore, so he has to make alts to stir the pot.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Lot's of pant wetting now about this lad, Smith likes inverted wingers, and players that are adaptable and can play across the front 3. Traore fits the bill there, ideally I think Smith will line up with a pacey narrow mobile front 3, width coming from full backs. Traore fits into that too. Why people are getting their knickers in such a twist I really don't know. Before the Watkins signing people were saying the club was run badly, no ambition etc. etc. then all rosey for 5 mins. Now some people are getting really wound up about us signing a player of the type we need and writing him off before he's even kicked a ball.

Get the sand out of yer fannies and calm down.

Yeah, this is where I am. Look at the part to add to the sum. If the signing complements our current squad and system then fine by me.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

One question that bugs me is if hes this really good player, why on earth did Chelsea sell him??

I'd answer it but I'm still trying to work out what happened to KDB and Salah after they left Chelsea, they've vanished....

Not saying he will be even remotely on their level or close but I don't think a players ability or otherwise can be defined by if Chelsea sold them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, striker said:

What's the point on spending 20m on him then just to sit on the bench for most of the season when Watkins can fill in out wide?

Seems a bizarre signing to me if it happens unless it's being used to flush out the Banana deal?

Because having a squad is a good idea?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If thats the biggest question you have it is terrible reasoning.

Chelsea also sold Salah and Kevin De Bruyne.

There is much better reasoning than that presented mate.

At this moment in time it is more of a reason, Salah and De Bruyne are not a possibility coming to Villa, so I do not see where your Logic comes from there.

So your response is flawed unfortunately. 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The comparisons with De Bruyne and Salah are not valid.

They were both 2 of the most productive players in Europe before they returned back to England. Traore is far from being in that mold.

Nobody is making a comparison between him and KDB or Salah though are they. A point which is petty bloody obvious.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

‘Everyone’ being the same small group who hammer literally everything.

You’ve quoted me there which makes it look I made the statement. Just want to say I didn’t and I completely agree with what you point out there. It’s not everyone, it’s the same old negative voices. 
UTV

• Like 1

Â