Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

14 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Now this journalist in France is saying the deal is off now 

has just said live that Traoré has refused Aston Villa and that OL are looking for another club ...

He refused us or we refused him? 👀

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why would you hope we fail to get top targets? Why wouldn't you want our manager to get the players he wants?

Such a strange mentality 

As I've said multiple times on this thread - I'm also a Lyon fan. I've seen him play. He is not good. It's not just my opinion, but that of almost all Lyon fans and French football observers.

Just because Dean Smith or Lange want him, doesn't mean it's the right decision. If this deal is off, in my opinion we averted a very poor signing.

• Like 3

He’s quoting this guy - 

sounds like this guy does a live podcast or radio show or something. He has tweeted this since which translates as - 

Confirmation that nothing is signed for Traoré.
He should go but for the moment nothing is done

Which we already knew... looks like it’s still on subject to any last minute hiccups. 

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Sorry folks but that guy isn’t a journalist and if you look at his recent retweets it looks like it’s happening. He’s retweeted proper journalists reporting it’s happening and the medical is tomorrow. 

Like this -

This says 5y contract. 

Wouldn't be Villa if we didn't sign an absolute shite footballer on a decade contract for a ton of money. Good to see nothing has changed with the new leadership. 

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Football managers aren’t always right. People in football aren’t always right. Look at some of the dross we signed last summer as an example. 

The forums, the stats, the opposition fans, our own fans. Everything about this deal seems odd. 

You'd like to trust the manager though over some bloke on a forum, don't you think ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

You'd like to trust the manager though over some bloke on a forum, don't you think ?

No. Not all the time. And who’s to say it’s Smith signing him? 

Ferguson signed Djemba Djemba and Kleberson. Not enamoured by this one at all. 

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Football managers aren’t always right. People in football aren’t always right. Look at some of the dross we signed last summer as an example. 

The forums, the stats, the opposition fans, our own fans. Everything about this deal seems odd. 

Of course they're not always right. It could be a disaster. 

I just find it odd that fans wouldn't want the manager to get players they want. 

• Like 1

Â