Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He was pretty good for ajax and in his first two years at lyon. Looks to have stagnated in the last couple of seasons and hasn't featured much. 

I know DS vets players for personality, desire and professionalism. If there were question marks, like some have posted here, then I'm sure we will give this guy a wide berth. 

P. S not to be confused with the sherwood facial. 

I'm sure he said something similar about Drinkwater.

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Now this journalist in France is saying the deal is off now 

has just said live that Traoré has refused Aston Villa and that OL are looking for another club ...

Bullet dodged by the looks

Looking deeper into the stats last season, I suspect he's not as bad as people as some people are making him out to be. 

His defensive stats are better than Trez and El Ghazi's. Better assist rate and key passes rate than those 2 as well. The only part where he clearly lags behind the other two is goalscoring(which admittedly is a big issue) but he looks a better winger than Trez and El Ghazi in near every other aspect.

A reason to be optimistic on the goalscoring front is that last season, it seems like it was a problem with finishing and it was only last season where it had fallen off a cliff. The couple of seasons prior, his goals scored had been higher than his expected goals, its really only last season where its dipped. Could be a confidence issue?

I know the Lyon fans don't really like him all that much, but at least in terms of stats, his last season really isn't that bad. Both smarterscout and whoscored had decent ratings for him last season as well. In short, I'm cautiously optimistic on him and expect him to be above Trez and El Ghazi in the pecking order.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Really hope this is true.

Would have been a very poor signing and an awful piece of business.

Why would you hope we fail to get top targets? Why wouldn't you want our manager to get the players he wants?

Such a strange mentality 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Why would you hope we fail to get top targets? Why wouldn't you want our manager to get the players he wants?

Such a strange mentality 

Football managers aren’t always right. People in football aren’t always right. Look at some of the dross we signed last summer as an example. 

The forums, the stats, the opposition fans, our own fans. Everything about this deal seems odd. 

Â