Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Maybe the data people have seen something in him

That's what worries me. When fans of the club who he plays for are telling you he's shit then he's not a player you should be signing. It's when fans are unhappy to lose a player that you know he's good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tez500 said:

If he genuinely has an attitude problem it could be a non starter. I thought the new regime made signing players with a good character a priority. 

So do you believe some Lyon fans talking about a player who is leaving or do you trust our recruitment team to have done their job?

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

That's what worries me. When fans of the club who he plays for are telling you he's shit then he's not a player you should be signing. It's when fans are unhappy to lose a player that you know he's good.

To be fair, loads of players have left clubs with the fans breathing a sigh of relief only for said player to end up doing really well, and God knows we've signed plenty of players over the years from clubs whose fans have been sad to see them go only for them to end up doing nothing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

1 goal in 23 games

Lyon fans on Twitter claiming he has got attitude problems.

Not my cup of tea. Sorry bud.

That’s fair enough, I understand that.

I’ve never watched the bloke play so I’ll reserve my judgement. I’ve highlighted my issues with the transfer earlier in the thread but I think for a transfer to be considered “shocking” I would have to be damn sure I knew that the player was actual human garbage.

Here’s the thing - not every signing will come off. But if we have Grealish, and Watkins, and Rashica (I know that’s an ‘if’) and still our backups who were first choice last year, that’s when we can gamble on the odd ‘mercurial’ signing who might or might not come off.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

So do you believe some Lyon fans talking about a player who is leaving or do you trust our recruitment team to have done their job?

Not saying I belive the Lyon fans hence why I said "if". Obviously it's the recruitment team's job to find out for definite then weigh that up with all the other factors (cost, alternatives etc.) to decide whether he is worth pursuing or not.

It's more concerning the Lyon fans seem to think he isnt worth the money we are apparently offering.

6 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Wow! A lot of negativity towards Traore. I've not seen any footage of him so can't judge but surely he cannot be that bad? I mean, not this bad?

Here’s a few more beauts:

spacer.png

spacer.png

👀

spacer.png

😂😂😂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sorry, but this was way too much fun 😂

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I'm a Lyon fan. Have watched him loads. Don't rate him and neither do most other supporters.  He has been overtaken in the team by Karl Toko Ekambi, who himself is not that great.  Sorry for sounding like a broken record, it's mostly the fee I find outrageous.  If we signed him for 5 to 6M, he would have been worth a punt. At 20M I want a far more refined player. 

foreign teams are always going to hold english teams to a ransom to be fair

The fee certainly seems steep but let's trust our scouts. He's a player that might have a point to prove coming back to England. Plus if Rashica comes in there's no guarantee he'd even be a starter depending where Grealish plays. If he comes in just back him. As someone already pointed out Carew wasn't rated before joining. Sometimes it just clicks for a player at a certain club. 

What I do like though is we are being linked to players who can play all across the front three, and have pace. We were crying out for players like that last season.

Â