Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Why are you so unhappy with this signing?

Because it’s absolutely obvious he is another Trez. And we are paying stupid money for him. 

Don't need to be a verified scout to see this is shocking business. At half the fee he'd be okey for the unimportant matches but that's it. 

We didn't need more rotational crap player. We got Trez and AEG for that. We needed first team PL quality. This isn't it. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

As I've said multiple times on this thread - I'm also a Lyon fan. I've seen him play. He is not good. It's not just my opinion, but that of almost all Lyon fans and French football observers.

Just because Dean Smith or Lange want him, doesn't mean it's the right decision. If this deal is off, in my opinion we averted a very poor signing.

Of course. Mistakes will always happen. 

But surely you'd want our recruitment team to to able to get the players they've identified. If it goes wrong then judge it then but to openly hope we fail to land targets is crazy IMO. 

18 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

If I was as bad at my job as this guy I’d be embarrassed and resign. 2 days ago said we wouldn’t sign Martinez until we got money in. Since then we look to have agreed deals for Rashica, Traore and Martinez. 

We must have 'structured' the deal so we can

my 12 year old son said that Traore is one legged and very limited player. So I watched few mandatory youtube highlight videos and yes the right leg is there only for running. At the same time seems also fast and strong. 

Still would rather we signed someone like Benjamin Henrichs. 

• Like 1

hopefully a change of scenery and a healthy run of games will rebuild his confidence. i read somewhere that he feels like he deserves more credit from lyon fans, so he shouldn't be lacking in motivation.

i'm not going to write him off before he even kicks a ball for us.

• Like 2

Out of interest - who are the left footed RW alternatives who are pacy, tricky and played at a high level who are available for under £20m and interested to move to Aston Villa? 

Lot of mention of Stengs but I’m pretty sure our recruitment team will know him and presumably not ticking one of the above options. 

Question is if this is profile of player we want who else out there is the better option. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, vazquez said:

my 12 year old son said that Traore is one legged and very limited player. So I watched few mandatory youtube highlight videos and yes the right leg is there only for running. At the same time seems also fast and strong. 

Still would rather we signed someone like Benjamin Henrichs

Might just be me, but I'm vary about signing German right wingers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, villaglint said:

Out of interest - who are the left footed RW alternatives who are pacy, tricky and played at a high level who are available for under £20m and interested to move to Aston Villa? 

Lot of mention of Stengs but I’m pretty sure our recruitment team will know him and presumably not ticking one of the above options. 

Question is if this is profile ofnolayer we want who else out there is the better option. 

Probably not many. But don’t spend 20m on a player just because we can’t get a good one for under 20m. This is the same trap everyone falls into...’well, he was only 10m so what did we expect’.

No, no, no. If he isn’t good enough, the transfer fee is regardless. He could be 1m and I still wouldn’t be interested. 

We have enough below par squad players due to our recruitment last summer. This summer is about adding 4-5 quality additions. Traore is not one of those players. 

i hope this is just a villatalk thing and doesn't reflect the majority of the fanbase. the guy's only 25 ffs, plenty of improving to do. adama was written off by us. we weren't in any way upset to see the back of him. sometimes things just click at a particular club. if we get rashica in then him, traore, and watkins is a front line 4/5 times better than ghaz/trez/samatta of last season. amazed people have doubts based on what a few french fans say...

unless a player is a club legend, you tend to find most fans say goodbye to players with a "good riddance, he's shit anyway" like a scorned boyfriend. we've done it ourselves over the years. i don't read much into it.

• Like 1

Its clear the brief to the recruitment team for the two inside forwards was pace, can score and can beat a man.   That is why we were after King and Rashica and why we are after this guy.  We are planning on being a f***king nightmare to try to defend against on the break.  Maybe that would suit Traore's game better than how Lyon play? I am not blown away by this signing but not writing him off either.  He has had one bad season. Lots of good players have flopped first and gone on to be a big success elsewhere.  To name a few,   KDB, Salah, Depay, Odegaard, Lukaku,  Payet, Pique, Sancho, Aspas, Forlan, Cuadrado, Di Maria,  Pogba even Denis Bergkamp.  Let's give the lad a chance.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Probably not many. But don’t spend 20m on a player just because we can’t get a good one for under 20m. This is the same trap everyone falls into...’well, he was only 10m so what did we expect’.

No, no, no. If he isn’t good enough, the transfer fee is regardless. He could be 1m and I still wouldn’t be interested. 

We have enough below par squad players due to our recruitment last summer. This summer is about adding 4-5 quality additions. Traore is not one of those players. 

Yeah I agree with that but it’s clear club wants pace in wide areas which is a good thing and it’s clear they want a left footer for RW which is also a good thing as it’s something we don’t have at the moment.

the club obviously feels he is good enough. 2% of fans on here who’ve seen him play have pretty firm opinions he’s crap, but surely the rest of us will have to wait to form an opinion because to do anything else is mental. Your gut feel based on others fans views mean absolutely nothing. I think he looks decent on YT but agree that don’t mean much either. 

Edited by villaglint

Â