Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Bet that most being negative about this signing have barely seen him play if at all.

playing devil's advocate, i think people are just very wary now. last summer we seemed to have a new signing every couple of days. brazilians etc...it was fun, and exciting. then we saw them play....

we know what we're getting with cash and watkins. we dont with traore and therefore some anonymous lyon fans slate him and we jump on it, looking for an excuse to raise concerns. i don't agree with people slaitng the signing already. i'm not, and think he sounds like an improvement on what we have. but i kinda get why people have concerns

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Dunno about that. 

Just expand on that, Trez and AEG now got a season of experience in the PL and are settled in the squad. Traore isn't. And lets be honest, quality wise he looks like a very shite Adama Traore. 

on the ball, he makes adama look like someone who only started playing yesterday. adama obviously more explosive but bertrand looks better in terms of control and dribbling.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Bet that most being negative about this signing have barely seen him play if at all.

Bet it's the other way round as well.

Fwiw neither our in house scout and our inhouse Lyon fan rate him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Bet it's the other way round as well.

Fwiw neither our in house scout and our inhouse Lyon fan rate him.

i think el ghazi is absolute dogshite...a good mate of mine thinks incredibly highly of him. fans have different opinions. i trust the judgement of people that are paid to sign players rather than fans

after last summer and the subsequent season, i guarantee any players signed this window will have been scrutinesed 10 times more strictly than last summer.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not sure you understand what the word entitled means. 

In this case a person is paid a LOT of money to have the responsibility of recruitment at the top of a football club. 

I'm from a place in the world where financial compensation and responsibility is connected to performance. This is in fact how the entire modern economy is built. If you don't perform. Bye bye. Nothing to do with entitelment. 

Demanding footballers outside the realm of realistic reach for a team who finished 17th, and calling for a sporting directors job who hasn't been in the position a wet week is entitlement. Whatever your working definition of the word is - you seem to of got the hump when i said your attitude is entitled with the type of player you seem to think we should be getting versus who we are likely to attract. And don't come at me with the " it's about ambition " line . 

Waiting for Jonathan Johnson to wade in, villa fan working in the french media covering PSG, pretty sound guy, I’d respect his opinion over some Lyon fans

let’s be honest the miserable bunch we are, especially on social media, I doubt many of our squad who aren’t jack grealish would get a favourable write up from us

59 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Sorry folks but that guy isn’t a journalist and if you look at his recent retweets it looks like it’s happening. He’s retweeted proper journalists reporting it’s happening and the medical is tomorrow. 

Like this -

This says 5y contract. 

DaringFickleKawala-size_restricted.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

how could a DoF be judged on his signings until said signings even kick a ball for us though?

In the same sense we could sign Magnus Carlsen, and judge it. He neither have kicked a ball for us, but it's clear to everyone it's a shite signing. Deductive reasoning is a thing. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Demanding footballers outside the realm of realistic reach for a team who finished 17th, and calling for a sporting directors job who hasn't been in the position a wet week is entitlement. Whatever your working definition of the word is - you seem to of got the hump when i said your attitude is entitled with the type of player you seem to think we should be getting versus who we are likely to attract. And don't come at me with the " it's about ambition " line . 

Ah and a strawman. Good job. 

I'll leave you to it. 

I know almost nothing about him really - I hope that he improves us.
Not underwhelmed, not overwhelmed. Until I see him play in a villa shirt in the system Dean wants, I’ll just stay firmly whelmed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In the same sense we could sign Magnus Carlsen, and judge it. He neither have kicked a ball for us, but it's clear to everyone it's a shite signing. Deductive reasoning is a thing. 

well all i'll say is thank **** i don't work for you. i could create a project plan and you'd sack me cause you think it's shite, rather than wait for the plan to be executed and see if it works of not

FWIW you have very unrealistic aspirations if signing a player with nearly 100 appearances for 3 of europe's top teams is a bad signing

and p.s. i have no **** idea who magnus carlsen is, but if he played as much as traore at the top level then i'd be excited about signing him too

• Like 4

My big concern is last summer and January we were told:-

Samatta isn't good enough

Wesley is raw

Trezeguet not good enough

Douglas Luiz's potential

Targett can't defend.

All of which were pretty much spot on assesments. I hope if this goes through the judges are wrong but more often then not these opinions seem to be a good opinion of what we get.

• Like 2

Â