Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

47 minutes ago, Skruff said:

They were busy saying it even before he'd kicked the ball for us, so I doubt it. 

Sorry to say there are some real weapons on here. A minority I might add, but fair few very vocal about how bad they thought Traore was after a few limited appearances. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, birdman said:

Sorry to say there are some real weapons on here. A minority I might add, but fair few very vocal about how bad they thought Traore was after a few limited appearances. 

Hopefully this season will teach us all to be a bit more humble and have some patience as fans. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Hopefully this season will teach us all to be a bit more humble and have some patience as fans. 

Indeed and its maybe that previous torrid seasons have made some fans overly paranoid and hyper critical. I think we've all felt like that at times but you have to overcome it with some logical rational thinking! 

I don't watch any European football so was a bit underwhelmed by this signing given some of the reaction to it on here. 

I couldn't be happier, looks an absolute cut above, classy classy player..

30 minutes ago, Skruff said:

The improvements to Luiz and trez didn't teach people to have patience so I highly doubt it

Good on him. My palace mate messaged me pleased as punch when we took him off. Was causing problems

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

The improvements to Luiz and trez didn't teach people to have patience so I highly doubt it

Good on him. My palace mate messaged me pleased as punch when we took him off. Was causing problems

Exactly... I and others even made this point in the summer and still people wouldn't listen.

We've seen so many players improve now under Smith that it isn't coincidence, it is the result of work on the training ground. It doesn't mean it will happen with every player but we've seen it with enough now to give any player some time and not make silly snap judgements.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say I wrote him off, but I'll admit, thought he looked absolutely hopeless in the first few appearances. These last few games though, what an improvement. 

Edited by vreitti

I think hes going to keep getting better, the past few games hes coming out of his shell and hes certainly looked like the player weve paid for, keep it up Bertrand.

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to seeing how he plays against the best teams in the league. Even if it just is against the mid/lower-table teams that he performs he is useful to us, but very interesting to se how high his ceiling can be and how he handles for example Chelski next. If he is fit, in form and with high confidence I bet he can perform against anyone.

Watched the extended highlights. Brilliant run and finish for goal and unlucky not to score 2nd but...

What the hell was that kick that led to Zaha almost scoring first minute??? Smashed it towards our goal into back of Palace player in our half. WTH!?!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing how he plays against the best teams in the league. Even if it just is against the mid/lower-table teams that he performs he is useful to us, but very interesting to se how high his ceiling can be and how he handles for example Chelski next. If he is fit, in form and with high confidence I bet he can perform against anyone.

He's going to rip chilwell to shreds whilst looking Uber cool and relaxed.

• Like 1

A few posters had written Traore off before kicking a ball for us and they should be ashamed. Interestingly they don't seem to post I his thread anymore....

Many said give him some time, myself included.

He's looked brilliant the last few games and should have scored two goals against Palace.

• Like 1

Some players could be very good if used properly, but at the same time they could fade with less confidence or if they weren't adapt right. It was clear that Traore had something to offer, the question was will it be enough for him to add to them? whether he'd be able to use his capability and actually start contributing in our goals? The answer came early on. Actually he showed glimpses against Brighton, some might've said he was bad but he had an assist and been tricky. Problem with Trez was his contol, shooting and dribbling. El Ghazi is good in shooting, could dribble better, but less workrate. Traore is better at all, apart from Trez workrate possibly. El Ghazi is more direct.

Anyway, really delighted with his performances. could've scored another nice goal too.

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Some players could be very good if used properly, but at the same time they could fade with less confidence or if they weren't adapt right. It was clear that Traore had something to offer, the question was will it be enough for him to add to them? whether he'd be able to use his capability and actually start contributing in our goals? The answer came early on. Actually he showed glimpses against Brighton, some might've said he was bad but he had an assist and been tricky. Problem with Trez was his contol, shooting and dribbling. El Ghazi is good in shooting, could dribble better, but less workrate. Traore is better at all, apart from Trez workrate possibly. El Ghazi is more direct.

Anyway, really delighted with his performances. could've scored another nice goal too.

I think it is more to do with the fact he is a natural right winger/left footer so he can cut in whereas if el ghazi or trez are on the right when they beat their man they go down the outside and have to cross rather than having the threat of a shot. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

I think it is more to do with the fact he is a natural right winger/left footer so he can cut in whereas if el ghazi or trez are on the right when they beat their man they go down the outside and have to cross rather than having the threat of a shot. 

It's the ability to be honest. You can't compare their control of the ball. We've seen many occasions were both of them were on the left side. Especially for Trez dribbling isn't one of his attributes at all. Even at one point last season (when he scored the goals that kept us), he completed the Everton game without a proper pass (or something like that, which was horrible stat). But he's the best out of them in terms of positioning. If we had Traore dribbling and technique, Trez work rate and positioning, El Ghazi shooting and directness we'd have a great player. But I'm still happy with them as an option. All could play some part in the squad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

A few posters had written Traore off before kicking a ball for us and they should be ashamed. Interestingly they don't seem to post I his thread anymore....

I definitely was one of the most critical voices of the initial signing and I'm still here 😝

Great to see the form he has been on in the last 2 matches - long may it continue.  

• Like 1

Â