Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

One thing I love about him is his ability to keep and carry the ball. Last season we only had Grealish and Luiz who could keep the ball. It's so valuable to have players who can keep possession, even as a defensive tactic when we are put under pressure and need to calm the play down. With Jack, Luiz, Barkley and Traore we can start dominating games, not just play on the counter and can compete properly against the better teams. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

One thing I love about him is his ability to keep and carry the ball. Last season we only had Grealish and Luiz who could keep the ball. It's so valuable to have players who can keep possession, even as a defensive tactic when we are put under pressure and need to calm the play down. With Jack, Luiz, Barkley and Traore we can start dominating games, not just play on the counter and can compete properly against the better teams. 

Don't forget SJM - he's good at that too 

• Like 2

I think with our naturally sided full backs, our inverted wingers are particularly difficult to defend against because 1; it adds an element of doubt, 2; it’s easier to overlap and create and overload on the wing, 3; even narrow rigidly defending teams get pulled out of position by either the inverted winger or the overlapping fullback. 
So I don’t mind that Traore only had a left foot, if he had two feet as good as that left one, the. he wouldn’t have been £17m, he’d have been a lot lot more!

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think with our naturally sided full backs, our inverted wingers are particularly difficult to defend against because 1; it adds an element of doubt, 2; it’s easier to overlap and create and overload on the wing, 3; even narrow rigidly defending teams get pulled out of position by either the inverted winger or the overlapping fullback. 

Very good points I actually had not considered, and probably a part of the thinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure I'm really buying this if he's one footed he should play in the middle idea. Yes on the wing playing with one foot is noticeable as when 1v1 with fullback the option of going outside on crossing is pretty much negated HOWEVER playing in the middle at this level probably requires use of both foot far more? 

Whilst its probably not as noticeable to us as spectators playing in the middle requires you to be comfortable receiving and playing one touch passes with both feet and a good #10 drifts to either side to create overloads. Some of the most two footed players I can remember play #10 (Cazorla, KDB, Messi). I think the wing is still the best role for him, yes his technical ability on the ball would be nice if more play ran through him in the middle but our #10 play is best as almost second striker like Barkley does and I think Traore getting more time to think on the ball on the wing suits him in getting up to speed in the prem.

I think he really brought the best out in Cash as well, hopefully if he has a run at RW we can see Cash bomb on a bit more on the overlap as we saw for the disallowed goal as it would be nice if we had consistent crossing threat for Watkins given that was his bread and butter at Brentford.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Don't forget SJM - he's good at that too 

I think the fact that we’re not talking about McGinn shows you how far we have come in such a short time, I thought McGinn was fantastic by the way yesterday

One-footedness is very frustrating, but after that airkick yesterday I can see why he doesn't use it. I'm also in no doubt that the league cup goal with his right was an absolute miscue. I don't think there's any excuse for a professional footballer not to be able to do the basics with their weaker foot, like put their laces through it which he could have done twice against Burnley. But then if he plays like that a bit more and scores goals like that, I might find it in my heart to forgive him!

8 minutes ago, blunther said:

One-footedness is very frustrating, but after that airkick yesterday I can see why he doesn't use it. I'm also in no doubt that the league cup goal with his right was an absolute miscue. I don't think there's any excuse for a professional footballer not to be able to do the basics with their weaker foot, like put their laces through it which he could have done twice against Burnley. But then if he plays like that a bit more and scores goals like that, I might find it in my heart to forgive him!

Also, the French league was abandoned in (was it) March? So he is still getting up to speed, and getting match fit, and to know the players around him...

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

no matter how many times i watch that goal, i am always surprised to see it roll in :P, it just seems to defy logic...

that goal was a rare thing.

It's so weird to see because I've never seen a player think to do something like that, at least from that far out. 

That angle from behind him in slow motion where he was running away while the ball was curling into the net just looked too sick. 

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's so weird to see because I've never seen a player think to do something like that, at least from that far out. 

That angle from behind him in slow motion where he was running away while the ball was curling into the net just looked too sick. 

Thierry Henry scored a similar goal many years ago, probably the only time I have ever seen a goal quite  like it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even more disgustin that he knew he had scored the moment it left his foot. Nonchalantly continued his cool run into celebrate as soon as. lol

Yeah, one of the coolest goals I've seen in a while. Funnily enough he was doing that same run away like he knew he scored after his goal against Bristol too. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m warming to him and I really want him to do well here. His goal last night was absolutely superb. Only good players do stuff like that. 

Your right with your last line. He has scored two goals for us and bith have been brilliant.

He looked low on confidence against burnley hopefully this goal will now give him more confidence to take the shot on

Said from the signing, he will be a quality PL player for us.

There's not a club that he's played for since Chelsea signed him where he's not performed and put up the numbers you'd hope for.

His time in Lyon was successful despite very talented players in their squad being chosen ahead of him at times, he still managed very decent numbers.

Now he's back in the PL with us, and a chance to cut his teeth in this league properly as we will afford him the chances Chelsea didn't.

Pleased with signing, and can't wait for his confidence to take off, and the performances to follow.

He will be found out if he keeps cutting inside everytime.

Defenders will start forcing him outside and then he becomes a liability.

Jack and to an extent Trezeguet are less predictable. They can both go outside and inside and still cause danger.

Â