Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Only just got round to seeing his goal. Man that was a smooth finish. 

Actually considering how he played I’m surprised there’s nothing but praise on here right now but I guess that shouldn’t actually be a surprise. You’d think we’d have learnt by now to give players time.

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

That was my reaction with that goal, looked exactly like the type of finishes Henry used to do. He scored a bunch of goals like that. Lovely finish.

Not identical with him being right footed and all but a couple of the same type in here.

nice the one i was thinking about is on here, at 2m 44s, epic finish, reminds me of the traore goal for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He can't be in it every week, doubt he is losing sleep.

Good to see some.of our other players getting recognition.

Yes he can.

It's like when Modric won the Ball'on Dor despite Messi clearly outperforming him.

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes he can.

It's like when Modric won the Ball'on Dor despite Messi clearly outperforming him.

Just because he is undoubtedley the best/star player of the team, doesn't mean he is the best performer every week.

I don't want to see Messi win the same award every year either, but then again that's a totally different tangent.

Look at the scoresheet etc from the last match and I think you'll have a better idea of why both Anwar and Traore are in the team for this week.

Although I'm almost certain you know this.

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He can't be in it every week, doubt he is losing sleep.

Good to see some.of our other players getting recognition.

Beg to differ. Stuff like that grinds me. It's like people giving the motm to Traore over Jack. If you aren't giving it to the best performances change the name of it. Call it 'the most improved player' or whatever

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just because he is undoubtedley the best/star player of the team, doesn't mean he is the best performer every week.

I don't want to see Messi win the same award every year either, but then again that's a totally different tangent.

Look at the scoresheet etc from the last match and I think you'll have a better idea of why both Anwar and Traore are in the team for this week.

Although I'm almost certain you know this.

"Because he scored the goal" it's a very simplistic way to be looking at a game.

When actually analyze the game and break it down there is no question Grealish was the best player on the pitch. It's not even up for a debate.

I'm not trying to argue that Anwar and Traore both had good games but Grealish was just phenomenal, once again. There is no player in our squad that comes near him.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think we make more out of him being one footed because he's left footed. It's not like we see right footed players regularly using their left. But we don't pick up on that as much.

Hmmm, possibly. But he is really, really left footed isn’t he!

I actually think he could be really good here. I’ve gone full circle. He’s a really slick player. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

"Because he scored the goal" it's a very simplistic way to be looking at a game.

When actually analyze the game and break it down there is no question Grealish was the best player on the pitch. It's not even up for a debate.

I'm not trying to argue that Anwar and Traore both had good games but Grealish was just phenomenal, once again. There is no player in our squad that comes near him.

The team isn't made up of only our players, or players from the team we played. It's whoever the team picker chooses as their best performers in particular positions on the pitch that week.

Jack was " In the middle " technically this week.

Anwar and Traore were on wings, so the team picker obviously felt McTominay and Bruno Fernandes had more influential performances on their respective games.

I often think Villa fans forget their are other teams and good players in the league, when it comes to Jack especially.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

The guy gets an assist and a goal and all you can talk about is how It is hard on Grealish.  

Regardless of what you think of Traore why don’t you let  the guy have his day?

Im sure Jack is delighted for him to be motm and in the team or the week. It’s shame some of our so called fans (or fan) can’t be.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Beg to differ. Stuff like that grinds me. It's like people giving the motm to Traore over Jack. If you aren't giving it to the best performances change the name of it. Call it 'the most improved player' or whatever

You and @villalad21 are like two peas in a pod ;) 😂 

I do love the difference in a opinions though. It’s what makes the forum interesting. Fair play lads 👍🏼

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hmmm, possibly. But he is really, really left footed isn’t he!

I actually think he could be really good here. I’ve gone full circle. He’s a really slick player. 

Deanos master plan to confusing and destroying the opposition. Unorthodox one footers, players with legs longer than the other and strikers who don't necessarily strike, coupled with the awkward running and butt play of McGinn, our Keeper thinking he is Prime Maldini and Ming's who sometimes turns into a winger/attacking mid/striker.

We are almost like a B Movie cast of the A Team 🤣

On a serious note, we are developing a seriously unique team of characters.

Variety is what we have lacked for so long. I'm with you on it's strange seeing someone so obviously left footed, but when it's in flow it's good. I'm guessing it throws players off as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Deanos master plan to confusing and destroying the opposition. Unorthodox one footers, players with legs longer than the other and strikers who don't necessarily strike, coupled with the awkward running and butt play of McGinn, our Keeper thinking he is Prime Maldini and Ming's who sometimes turns into a winger/attacking mid/striker.

We are almost like a B Movie cast of the A Team 🤣

On a serious note, we are developing a seriously unique team of characters.

Variety is what we have lacked for so long. I'm with you on it's strange seeing someone so obviously left footed, but when it's in flow it's good. I'm guessing it throws players off as well.

I like what I have seen of him so far. He’s a unique player.  I honestly think a lot of views have been clouded but how unhappy some posters that follow french football were with the signing.  Once you have that negative view of a player you focus on the faults and can’t see any potential.   Takes a while to change.

• Like 1

Â