Emiliano Martínez

hippo

My next door neighbour is 103 years old.  Wasn't even a particularly young man when he was captured in North Africa, part of the escape Committee in a Stalag camp. 

Still drives. Still goes (before lockdown) ballroom dancing. When I asked him if I could get my son to put the bins out for him he said "I think I can still cope with putting the bins out thank you"

Not sure if he likes rock'n'roll though. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

#afc have accepted an offer of £16m from #avfc for Emiliano Martinez. Compromise deal, with poss £4m in add ons in coming years. Medical this weekend. Structure of deal allows Villa to continue pursuit of a striker too, with Rashica on the cards.

@RobDorsettSkyTweet

Dorsett really has no idea, the basis that we are scrimping here through the structure of the deal to be able to buy another striker. He just reads villatalk and adds some of his own bs to try and show he has inside knowledge. Stupid cockwobble!

We should just send him a text message when we sign players.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Spending 16-20m on a keeper leads me to believe one of the following:

1. We’re minted and we’ll spend another 100-130m this summer because we definitely need another central midfielder and winger and the club knows that. 

2. We’re minted but we’re spending some of the Grealish money we know is incoming. 

So, whilst excited, I’m also nervous. 

I got roasted in the transfer thread when I said #2. It's a hard thought to shake though. 

4 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

It often amazes me how footballers the same age as or younger than me tend to look 5, 10 or 20 years older than they are.

I don't know whether to count that as a blessing or not. I refuse to believe, for example, that Thomas Müller isn't 50 but maybe I'm just exceptionally baby-faced for a 30 year old.

He's a weird one, he looked about 30 when he first went to Arsenal like 10 years ago too :lol:

Might be one of those who look old when they're young, but stay looking that way long past they actually pass the age they look like.

• Like 1

I suppose Tom Heaton is disappointed about this Martinez deal, I mean he may be fit and healed enough to restart in about a month from now. But he's now perhaps unlikely to be the first choice keeper again if Martinez signs? He might have thought that Dean Smith would just play Steer or Nyland till October rather than trying to get yet another keeper.  Heaton's one of the best keepers in the Premier League but now maybe he'll put in a transfer request and we could lose him. :( He's too good to be a substitute.

Â