Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 minute ago, AerialThreat said:

Hi folks

Friendly Arsenal fan here!

Just dropped by to tell you just how good a keeper you’re getting in Emi Martinez. (Can confirm the deal is 100% done!)

We’re gutted to be losing him but we need to sell to raise funds for signings - we can’t afford to have two £20m+ rated keepers.

One thing worth mentioning - he’s the best keeper I’ve ever seen in terms of claiming crosses. It’s like he’s got superglue on his gloves!

Wishing you all the best for the season ahead!

Gareth aka @AerialThreat (Twitter)

Thanks pal, we have an even better keeper available if you can pulls any strings down there, we have 2 actually, good luck to ya

2 minutes ago, AerialThreat said:

Hi folks

Just dropped by to tell you just how good a keeper you’re getting in Emi Martinez. (Can confirm the deal is 100% done!)

We’re gutted to be losing him but we need to sell to raise funds for signings - we can’t afford to have two £20m+ rated keepers.

One thing worth mentioning - he’s the best keeper I’ve ever seen in terms of claiming crosses. It’s like he’s got superglue on his gloves!

Thanks boss!

8 hours ago, AerialThreat said:

Hi folks

thanks mate, gotta say i was impressed with his performances towards the end of last season.

Really hope that reflects his overall ability.

From what i hear there was strong debate on the Arsenal forum around whether Leno or Martinez should have been ur no1?

1 minute ago, AerialThreat said:

I personally feel like his distribution is better than Leno’s. Emi is very comfortable with the call at his feet even when he’s being closed down. You just can’t play for Arteta if you aren’t. 

He’s a real presence and really settled our defence after the restart. His size will surprise you as will his agility. He made a save from Mahrez in the FA Cup semi where he just snapped down on the spot to block the attempt - brilliant.

This is all great to hear. His lack of game time is a concern to us, but this all sounds very promising.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

From what i hear there was strong debate on the Arsenal forum around whether Leno or Martinez should have been ur no1?

100% correct. A lot of fans think we’ve sold the wrong guy, but there is an emotional attachment to Emi that drives a lot of that because he’s been with us since he was a kid.

I think Leno is probably the better keeper - mainly due to having proved it over a longer period of time - but it’s close.

As others have said on here - the challenge for Emi is to now prove, as a first choice, that he can maintain his performance levels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, AerialThreat said:

100% correct. A lot of fans think we’ve sold the wrong guy, but there is an emotional attachment to Emi that drives a lot of that because he’s been with us since he was a kid.

I think Leno is probably the better keeper - mainly due to having proved it over a longer period of time - but it’s close.

As others have said on here - the challenge for Emi is to now prove, as a first choice, that he can maintain his performance levels.

Please tell me this guy can catch crosses.

Â