Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

How can South America have games a day before European League recommence? Surely that breaches rules around preventing players from not being available for their clubs? 

I believe Covid has forced a lot of things to change temporarily.

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Yet the Brazilians are not bothering..... surely they feel the same for Brazil.

We don't know this for sure do we, I'd have them in the same boat, will Dougie even be a WC squad member, no disrespect to the Olympics but its only a glorified friendly tournament. 

Just now, Pissflaps said:

So they haven't been called up by Brazil? If so that makes more sense.

I think Brazil have recognised that selecting PL players would see them stuck in quarantine for ages, so haven’t selected them. Probably helps that they have 6 wins from 6 in qualifying, so are more relaxed about dropping points.

Be nice if Argentina would do something similar, but I personally think obvious solution is for UK govt to just relax the quarantine rules for international footballers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He’s just posted a pic of him, Buendia and presumably the two Spurs lads on what looks like a private jet. They’re off then, we just have to deal with the consequences. I hope they at least do well and make it all worthwhile. It’d be great to see little Emi get a cap whilst a Villa player, not sure if he has before.

Imagine your record signing missing potentially a 3rd of the season, the record signing you bought in to replace your best player who ironically missed a 3rd of the season. Not blaming anyone but this is so Villa.

Â