Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

" The club have asked him not to go" - they haven't said he can't go.

And this is where the disrespect is huge. His employer has asked him not to do this. We know it could have a big impact on our season. And it looks like he doesn't care.

Just now, DCJonah said:

The clubs pay them to play for them. It's their job. This seems to be getting ignored a lot. 

What other professions would get to do this?

It's an official FIFA window. I'm not sure how their contracts are written but the language being used by the clubs makes me think that the they don't have the power to officially forbid them from travelling.  The clubs need to come to a compromise, straight up telling them they can't travel ain't it. It's not the players fault the UK has this crazy quarantine requirement that doesn't even take into consideration vaccination status 

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

It's an official FIFA window. I'm not sure how their contracts are written but the language being used by the clubs makes me think that the they don't have the power to officially forbid them from travelling.  The clubs need to come to a compromise, straight up telling them they can't travel ain't it. It's not the players fault the UK has this crazy quarantine requirement that doesn't even take into consideration vaccination status 

It's not the players fault and it's not the clubs fault. But the club will ultimately be the one that suffers because of his decision. 

The club have asked him not to do it and he is choosing to. 

A compromise needs to happen. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's not the players fault and it's not the clubs fault. But the club will ultimately be the one that suffers because of his decision. 

And what’s the compromise? If you’re talking playing the first game and leaving early to reduce the games missed here ok. But him not going isn’t a compromise

Just now, The Inspiration said:

And what’s the compromise? If you’re talking playing the first game and leaving early to reduce the games missed here ok. But him not going isn’t a compromise

Maybe that. I don't know. 

Regardless of it, he's gone down in my estimations. Frankly, I don't think we need players who aren't fully committed to what we are trying to do. Not saying I want him gone or anything drastic like that. But he doesn't have the same support from myself as he previously did. I'll have no sympathy for mistakes or bad spells in future. 

Feel very let down by him and Buendia. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

The PL completely bungled this whole thing. Making a belated declaration, that seemingly holds no weight, and then counting on guilt tripping the players into not traveling.  They are literally using fan angst to keep the players here. Trying to turn them into the bad guys.  If my employer tried some BS like that I would tell them to piss off to. 

The players aren't asking for a favor. This is an agreed upon travel window. The PL is trying to bully them into not going. F*ck that. Until they announce some sort of compromise I'm team player the whole way.  

5 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

The PL completely bungled this whole thing. Making a belated declaration, that seemingly holds no weight, and then counting on guilt tripping the players into not traveling.  They are literally using fan angst to keep the players here. Trying to turn them into the bad guys.  If my employer tried some BS like that I would tell them to piss off to. 

The players aren't asking for a favor. This is an agreed upon travel window. The PL is trying to bully them into not going. F*ck that. Until they announce some sort of compromise I'm team player the whole way.  

In unprecedented circumstances. There are government rules because of a global pandemic that hasn't gone away. 

I'm a teacher, I'm allowed to go on holiday during the summer break. However, if I chose to go to a red listed country, knowing full well that I'd have to isolate and therefore couldn't start work in September, I'd be in trouble for it. And I'd rightly be viewed badly because of it. 

Asking these players to make a sacrifice because of Covid isn't guilt tripping them. It's what the world has had to do. 

It's a shit situation, yet unlike others, they're choosing to leave their club in a weakened state.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

It's not the players fault the UK has this crazy quarantine requirement that doesn't even take into consideration vaccination status 

Are you sure they are vaccinated though? A lot of elite players aren’t taking the vaccination for various reasons.  Plus with a much higher chance of getting Covid, despite not feeling any symptoms not only could we could lose players for longer if they got it or passed it onto other players.  I’m not sure you can call the UK quarantine requirement crazy, given we still don’t have it under control in any form and getting into the area of the need for booster injection for the elderly.  Red list countries are red listed for a reason and the more we can reduce exposure the better.

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

In unprecedented circumstances. There are government rules because of a global pandemic that hasn't gone away. 

I'm a teacher, I'm allowed to go on holiday during the summer break. However, if I chose to go to a red listed country, knowing full well that I'd have to isolate and therefore couldn't start work in September, I'd be in trouble for it. And I'd rightly be viewed badly because of it. 

Asking these players to make a sacrifice because of Covid isn't guilt tripping them. It's what the world has had to do. 

It's a shit situation, yet unlike others, they're choosing to leave their club in a weakened state.

Not only that but to a country that is high risk for the key thing they need for their job ie their health.

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But isn't that an agreement between everyone though? And as you say it's standard. 

This isn't standard and in this case the league and club don't want it to happen. Big difference. 

I agree it's not standard, the only reason the situation exists is because of quarantine rules due to a pandemic.

I'm just pointing out when necessary an agreement has been reached in other sports. The reality is the agreement only exists because the clubs know if they didn't release players talent wouldn't hang around.

50 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Doesn't sound like much of an agreement if the players had no say in the decision. The players in Europe badly need a union that can ensure clubs don't get to make these decisions in the future without then having a seat at the table. 

Bloody employee unions 😉

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

A similar situation happened at my job. I am part of the management team for a research reactor here in the states. One of our employees wanted to travel to a red list state. He had the leave approved so we had to work out how he could work from home during his quarantine. Since it was approved travel we couldn't just tell him not to go.  Also, honestly as his manager I wasn't going to ask him to sacrifice his travel for an important occasion. How is that fair to him?

In the end it has to be a compromise. Our employers pay our wages they aren't our masters. 

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

To be fair I think going on holiday is different, they would be going in an official capacity.  Lets face it the Emis have a better chance of winning the World Cup than one of the major trophies with us and if I was in their shoes I would do everything I could do get over there.  I hope that a compromise is possible, I assume they would fly privately, be in a bubble and tested every day.  I wondered before whether they could move the games somewhere neutral like the US as I'm not sure if they are allowed fans in to games in South America so home advantage wouldn't be quite so important.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you sure they are vaccinated though? A lot of elite players aren’t taking the vaccination for various reasons.  Plus with a much higher chance of getting Covid, despite not feeling any symptoms not only could we could lose players for longer if they got it or passed it onto other players.  I’m not sure you can call the UK quarantine requirement crazy, given we still don’t have it under control in any form and getting into the area of the need for booster injection for the elderly.  Red list countries are red listed for a reason and the more we can reduce exposure the better.

If you don't have it under control then why were 40k plus packed into Villa Park unmasked yesterday. The UK government is trying to have it both ways and that's BS. 

I'm not aware of the players vaccination status but the current UK policy doesn't even take that into consideration. Spain and France both allow travel to red countries if you are vaccinated. 

A similar situation happened at my job. I am part of the management team for a research reactor here in the states. One of our employees wanted to travel to a red list state. He had the leave approved so we had to work out how he could work from home during his quarantine. Since it was approved travel we couldn't just tell him not to go.  Also, honestly as his manager I wasn't going to ask him to sacrifice his travel for an important occasion. How is that fair to him?

In the end it has to be a compromise. Our employers pay our wages they aren't our masters. 

I know I started this with an analogy to work but is there a difference there? For one, you said leave was approved. In this case, the league and the club have asked him not to go. 

I'm not saying we have to be his master and force him. I'm saying he should be choosing us as a priority as we pay him a lot of money to play for us. He also knows his absence, for potentially a 3rd of the season, will have an impact on us. 

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

To be fair I think going on holiday is different, they would be going in an official capacity.  Lets face it the Emis have a better chance of winning the World Cup than one of the major trophies with us and if I was in their shoes I would do everything I could do get over there.  I hope that a compromise is possible, I assume they would fly privately, be in a bubble and tested every day.  I wondered before whether they could move the names somewhere neutral like the US as I'm not sure if they are allowed fans in to games in South America so home advantage wouldn't be quite so important.

I hope something can be met to help us, but that doesn't change the fact to me that he's more than happy to leave us in the shit. 

Like I say, both players will lose a lot of my support over this. 

If you don't have it under control then why were 40k plus packed into Villa Park unmasked yesterday.

The same reason football started back last year when we were in the heart of the worst of it….Pressure!

The Instagram post below with the link from the government information shows where we’re at, basically same place as the last lockdown so obviously other circumstances like vaccination status but we are getting to the part where booster shots are needed.

7 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

The UK government is trying to have it both ways and that's BS. 

No disagreement but easing rules further doesn’t seem the right choice does it.  Exposing us to more issues from red listed countries doesn’t seem wise.

8 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I'm not aware of the players vaccination status but the current UK policy doesn't even take that into consideration. Spain and France both allow travel to red countries if you are vaccinated. 

Is that a good thing? I’m not sure Spain and France are good models to follow either given their record during the pandemic.  It’s hard to argue that going or being allowed to red listed countries at the moment is a wise idea in a global pandemic whatever the vaccination status.

1E843C77-FB5F-4FA3-A0C9-5553C60E1CA3.jpeg

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

And this is where the disrespect is huge. His employer has asked him not to do this. We know it could have a big impact on our season. And it looks like he doesn't care.

Will be the same players wanting to leave us when we don't achieve " objectives " or " match their ambitions " after pissing off for a 3rd or more of the season.

The irony.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â