Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I have a lot of sympathy for Heaton, personally. Will support whoever is number one, but just not a fan of how he has been treated, punished for being injured. I'd have much preferred a shorter term cover option if necessary. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I have a lot of sympathy for Heaton, personally. Will support whoever is number one, but just not a fan of how he has been treated, punished for being injured. I'd have much preferred a shorter term cover option if necessary. 

How has Heaton been punished? What is the club meant to do, not move forward? 

When Heaton is back he’ll be a good competition and really push Martinez on. Martinez makes mistakes Heaton comes in. Win win 

• Like 2

I totally forgot we had Senderos on the books for a brief time.

Whilst I do sympathise with Heaton, this is a great signing, and demonstrates that we will pursue top targets. A goalkeeper of his calibre will do the defence a world of good.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Strange way to look at it.

Injuries happen; the club has to mitigate the impact.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I am so excited by this. He is massive, a good age, athletic, commanding, can play out from the back, a sweeper keeper and a bit nuts. Ticks all the boxes and is a real show of intent from the club. Get in Villa

If only he had a beard, he would be the perfect footballing specimen

• Haha 1

Just now, AvonVillain said:

"A lot of money. Only really established himself over last 6 months. I hope he does well." Not exactly a ringing endorsement by fellow keep Rob Green on 5Live.

Rob Green used to Chuck em in for fun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tez500 said:

I wasn't blown away by Heaton. I also recall he was rather low on numerous metrics used to rank keepers, save % etc.

Not overly convinced by Martinez but Arsenal improved with him between the sticks and je seems highly rated by Arsenal fans.

Whatever the "metrics" might say, Heaton is a top quality keeper. We wouldn't be considering replacing him, unless there were real doubts about his recovery from that injury, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Â