Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Posted (edited)
On 16/05/2024 at 15:17, jayEm said:

I mean I would rather he had a nice rest but of all the players I wouldn’t mind missing pre-season it’s him. We know he definitely starts as soon as he comes back, let’s see Gauci and whoever else this summer. Really the story is: if Argentina win the Olympics, Emi would miss one PL game. That’s fine. If he ends his career with a World Cup, a Copa America and an Olympic medal that’s pretty special.

Also, we can probably blame Douglas Luiz for overcelebrating his Olympic gold from Tokyo in Emi’s face - that whole “goodbye little brothers” back and forth they had around then/the Copa 😂

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I mean I would rather he had a nice rest but of all the players I wouldn’t mind missing pre-season it’s him. We know he definitely starts as soon as he comes back, let’s see Gauci and whoever else this summer. Really the story is: if Argentina win the Olympics, Emi would miss one PL game. That’s fine. If he ends his career with a World Cup, a Copa America and an Olympic medal that’s pretty special.

Also, we can probably blame Douglas Luiz for overcelebrating his Olympic gold from Tokyo in Emi’s face - that whole “goodbye little brothers” back and forth they had around then/the Copa 😂

We always lose our opening game anyway, just play Lander Emery and then have Emi back for the second game 🤣

• Haha 2

The Worlds #1 doesn't get tired. Let him play, the man is invincible. (well, apart from that time he wasn't, but let's look past that).

Posted (edited)

We have so many keepers it might be good Emi being at the Olympics to give them a chance before working out who stays as no.3 and who goes on loan

Emi is obviously no.1 so no drama him missing the usual Walsall away in July

Edited by _AA_786

7 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

We have so many keepers it might be good Emi being at the Olympics to give them a chance before working out who stays as no.3 and who goes on loan

Emi is obviously no.1 so no drama him missing the usual Walsall away in July

As long as he’s back for Man U in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, you have to factor in Emi celebration drinks too! 

Posted (edited)

Flipping love him… has endeared himself to us fans soooo much. Fully invested and genuinely loves, respects and appreciates the club.

Puts the “one of our own” idea to shame really… Emi has been much more befitting of that title than a few who claimed to be and turned their backs on us or sold out…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

One of the most hated players in the premier league. I disagree, I love him 

It’s probably jealousy more than anything… most have an idea of how good he is and maybe can’t take it that he plays for our club and not theirs or one of the “big boys”…

It’s like… how the hell have they got him? 

Can’t take it… can they? 😂

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

It’s probably jealousy more than anything… most have an idea of how good he is and maybe can’t take it that he plays for our club and not theirs or one of the “big boys”…

It’s like… how the hell have they got him? 

It’s pretty much that, but also the shithousery… gets on other fans nerves. However, me in their face

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91djbbixd3wsqj9ba9x3

Just a born winner, he's gonna be one of those in history that gets remembered like Ali, Jordan, Bolt, McGinn. 

Someone we'll be talking about for generations. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Just a born winner, he's gonna be one of those in history that gets remembered like Ali, Jordan, Bolt, McGinn. 

Someone we'll be talking about for generations. 

The goalie version of Paul McGrath

• Like 1

Â