Matty Cash

paul514

It's a 5-year contract according to the lad's own social media.

Absolutely buzzing to have signed a 5 year deal at Aston Villa. Something I've always dreamed of since I was a young boy to play in the premier league, it really is a dream come true. I can't wait to meet up with the squad, meet everyone around the club and the  supporters! Up the villa! Cashy X

Harsh on Guilbert but fact is he's been too inconsistent.

Also i don't like him attempting last ditch tackling on the floor all the time. I prefer defenders staying on their feet, with good positioning.

Cash looks a much better prospect than him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Harsh on Guilbert but fact is he's been too inconsistent.

Also i don't like him attempting last ditch tackling on the floor all the time. I prefer defenders staying on their feet, with good positioning.

Cash looks a much better prospect than him.

Guilbert was bought before we went up so perhaps Smith just thinks him as a championship full back. He is a bit hot and cold sometimes he looks good and sometimes not so good.

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We wouldn't be a Premier League club this season if not for Elmo.

How about some respect?

Says the guy who criticises Smith constantly who got us up to the PL on first attempt after others who tried for a couple of seasons and couldn’t. Got us to a cup final and kept us in the premier league.

• Like 4

Nice to get the first senior signing done. I didn't expect our first signing to be a right back but when quality becomes available it makes sense to take it. 

Let's hope he can hit the ground running and give us some solid competition for Guilbert and Elmo. 

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I could tell by his expression he does not want to play in midfield.

Really hope we play him in his preferred position.

Smith specifically names him a full back in announcement. So it looks likely he’ll be playing there.  

Â