Matty Cash

paul514

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I think guilbert is the starter until proven otherwise. He was worth 8 points to us this season. Without him our attack on the right wing had no edge with him we were alright at it.

He was worth 4 points to us in the 25 games he played and is very solid defensively. Many will point to his last ditch tackles as poor positioning but that happens when you are a flying fullback and those same people completely ignore it when targett walks back and we concede. 

Think you are going to be dissapointed. Smith has almost said that Cash is playing fullback. It wouldn't surprise if Guilbert isn't even with us when the window closes. Could be wrong but I was sure I seen an article where Guilbert himself said he wasn't happy with his form last season.

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Here we thought we were only making 1 signing today.

Turns out we signed the whole Cash family.

And still no striker, smfh 😏

Screenshot_20200903-121302.jpg

I hope they are all from the same household or we could have our first new signing fined by the government on his first day at the club. 

Nice to see that we have another player with a "Grealish" hairstyle. 

I was talking with an Albion fan at work earlier today who told me that someone very close to Matty Cash is a very good friend of his. He said he text him about this lad joining the Villa recently and he said it wasn't certain as Wolves were trying to get him late on into the negotiations. Seems like he may have turned down the old gold for the famous claret and blue.

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

Think you are going to be dissapointed. Smith has almost said that Cash is playing fullback. It wouldn't surprise if Guilbert isn't even with us when the window closes. Could be wrong but I was sure I seen an article where Guilbert himself said he wasn't happy with his form last season.

Guilbert is a likeable player due to his last ditch tackles and attitude a fantastic backup and competition for Cash , and a totally different type of player , Cash is on a different level attacking wise

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Guilbert is a likeable player due to his last ditch tackles and attitude a fantastic backup and competition for Cash , and a totally different type of player , Cash is on a different level attacking wise

Yes - I agree his saving grace tackles and workrate are his good points. But his positional play and forward passing are desparate. Don't know much about MC but on the face of it - big gap well plugged.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hippo said:

Personally think they’ll both play large parts of the season - and that’s exactly what we need! 2 good players for every position on the pitch is the dream. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes - I agree his saving grace tackles and workrate are his good points. But his positional play and forward passing are desparate. Don't know much about MC but on the face of it - big gap well plugged.

I agree. Hopefully Guilbert will be up for the fight for the battle of top RB.

28 minutes ago, hippo said:

Plus he is blowing out his arse after 55 to 60 mins. That's a very big concern. Wonder also did he not mind himself as well as he should of during lock down seen as he wasn't involved after the restart 

From what i have heard from someone at work today we are getting a top player. Apart from the Villatalk forum I don't think I have read one negative comment about the lad. Personally, I didn't think RB was the first port of call for change. That, together with Matty Cash being a Championship player, made me not have any great enthusiasm for the deal. But, it is done and now it is all about supporting the lad. I hope he does well for us. Having heard about him today, and read a bit about him yesterday, I have a feeling this could prove to be a great signing. 

I would really like to have Buendia in front of Cash on the right. Buendia is a very intelligent player, is a great passer and hard worker and having Cash overlapping and underlapping would add another dimension to our attack and stop us playing it down the left side so much 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Plus he is blowing out his arse after 55 to 60 mins. That's a very big concern. Wonder also did he not mind himself as well as he should of during lock down seen as he wasn't involved after the restart 

18441-2990.gif

• Haha 2

Â