Matty Cash

paul514

Just now, dounavilla said:

They can't see the woods from the trees.

Although on the other hand, Kryten doesn't look like anyone else at Forest.

Just that mechanical dude on a spaceship ;)

37 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Harsh on Guilbert but fact is he's been too inconsistent.

Also i don't like him attempting last ditch tackling on the floor all the time. I prefer defenders staying on their feet, with good positioning.

Cash looks a much better prospect than him.

Agreed on Guilbert. I like him too, but as you say, he's really been pretty inconsistent. Good thing Elmo was playing really well for us at the time we really needed him to.

High hopes for Matty!

25 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Smith specifically names him a full back in announcement. So it looks likely he’ll be playing there.  

Never in doubt, in my opinion. With Matty starting and with Guilbert on the bench, we now have that position nicely sorted. Two lads that will get better with PL games and that will keep each other on their toes this season.   

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Spare a thought for Chris Wilder. This must be what being a hipster and someone you know discovering your favorite band that only has 3 monthly listeners on Spotify feels like.

I don’t get the Chris Wilder references. What have I missed? 

Chris Wilder has accused other clubs of having poor recruitment and just going for players because Sheffield United want them, as if that's some sort of guarantee of quality. Doesn't really make sense as don't think they've signed anyone who was an unkown, it's not like they're finding hidden gems. Everyone in the game and many outside knew what a good player Matty Cash was before they were linked with him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Indeed.  Seeing as he nearly joined AC Milan in January it's not as if he's been under the radar. 

For us I think we need more proven quality in most areas of the pitch this season.  But with the quality we already have at right back, it's one position where a new arrival doesn't have to come in and hit the ground running. 

Wonder if he might be able to do a Luke Young and play at left back as well. Apparently he played right and left midfield at Forest. 

Good start and I can imagine there being times where both fred and cash play down the right in the same game to keep things solid with pace.

We still need a CM player, striker, right midfielder unless that's what cash has been brought for ? A keeper and if engels isn't going to play, a cb. 

But getting the first player through the door is important.

Â