Matty Cash

paul514

9 hours ago, hippo said:

Again - I thought he only came back in for the last couple of games. Thought Elmo played there mostly after the restart.

You forget even Konsa played at right back ahead of a fit Elmo whilst Guilbert was out

• Haha 1

Interesting reading what Forest fans are saying and they rate him as one of the best English fullbacks in the country. I’ve no idea, but we might be getting more of a player than some of us are giving him credit for - if he comes. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Cash is miles better than Guilbert. Not down the line, in the future. He's a better player than him right now. Defensively, tackling, offensively, stamina. He's way better.

How much have you seen of him?

He's not better at tackling or challenging players. Absolutely no way.

If we had gone down, Guilbert would undoubtedly be one of the best full backs in he league. Zero doubts.

Don't mind the Cash signing if it happens, I think he's pretty good. Not sure on £12m though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Awol said:

Interesting reading what Forest fans are saying and they rate him as one of the best English fullbacks in the country. I’ve no idea, but we might be getting more of a player than some of us are giving him credit for - if he comes. 

I think they are going OTT personally. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

How much have you seen of him?

He's not better at tackling or challenging players. Absolutely no way.

If we had gone down, Guilbert would undoubtedly be one of the best full backs in he league. Zero doubts.

Don't mind the Cash signing if it happens, I think he's pretty good. Not sure on £12m though.

I agree and we won’t get him for £12m either.

• Like 1

I’ve seen Cash a few times. He is worth the gamble. He is quick and strong. Very attacking but also knows how to defend. He reads the play well and takes up good positions. He is a big upgrade on Elmo and Fred in my view and he has plenty of growth left in him.

I also like Bogle at Derby. I’m sure he will be in the PL next season too.

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Elmo was instrumental in our promotion. Hutton getting injured was best thing for the club. Elmo is never given enough credit by many

I have a lot of respect for Elmo - you are correct - he played a major part in our promotion and has done a job every time he has been called on. He is however getting on a bit now - I would not object to him staying another year, I would also not object if he were sold and we got a few million back on him, rather than him seeing out his career on the bench. If he does leave, I would thank him for his efforts and service and wish him all the best. 

On Matty Cash - I think he has a very high ceiling. I also think that Guilbert is a better player than most on here are giving him credit for and I just cannot understand where the "Smith doesn't rate him" mantra is coming from. I think with Fred and Matty, the RB position is sorted for a good few years as both will improve with more experience and will compete for the spot. IMHO. 

Edited by TheStagMan

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I have a lot of respect for Elmo - you are correct - he played a major part in our promotion and has done a job every time he has been called on. He is however getting on a bit now - I would not object to him staying another year, I would also not object if he were sold and we got a few million back on him, rather than him seeing out his career on the bench. If he does leave, I would thank him for his efforts and service and wish him all the best. 

On Matty Taylor - I think he has a very high ceiling. I also think that Guilbert is a better player than most on here are giving him credit for and I just cannot understand where the "Smith doesn't rate him" mantra is coming from. I think with Fred and Matty, the RB position is sorted for a good few years as both will improve with more experience and will compete for the spot. IMHO. 

Getting on a bit though ain't he, 30 and playing in league one. big step up. 🙃

Edited by GENTLEMAN
added emoji
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I’ve seen Cash a few times. He is worth the gamble. He is quick and strong. Very attacking but also knows how to defend. He reads the play well and takes up good positions. He is a big upgrade on Elmo and Fred in my view and he has plenty of growth left in him.

I also like Bogle at Derby. I’m sure he will be in the PL next season too.

Jayden Bogle would have been my choice. Looks like a mirror image as a player to Rico Henry.

Edited by rayk

Cash was better than Bogle last season, Bogle didn't live up the hype of his first season, unless Derby are desperate for money and prepared to let him go relativey cheaply I think Bogle will stay at Derby next season.

Â