Matty Cash

paul514

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be honest, Cash is one of my faves so I like to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Fact is though he's actually quite rubbish. For someone who used to be a winger he's really bad going forward. 

• Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

I'll be honest, Cash is one of my faves so I like to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Fact is though he's actually quite rubbish. For someone who used to be a winger he's really bad going forward. 

ye i tihnk he is good defensively and tracking back with speed, but going forward he is dire, i think his saving grace for now, is that he is less worse than Targett.

He's a decent and likeable player who is good enough to play in the premier league, he's athletic enough to get up and down the pitch. In a system that asks so much of your full backs his attacking limitations show up.

2 excellent attacking full backs are needed and a top DM who can fill in the gaps they leave is needed.

I'd imagine unless he improves in the attacking third, we'll look to bring a new RB back in this summer.

I love Cash but he has zero competition for his position. 

Bring back Guilbert and let's give him a proper go at fighting for the position. Improves both players.

We don't need to spend money in this area particularly, there are several other priorities. 

Think if this was any other weekend this thread is empty, the fact KKH was so good against city for Swindon, no matter how good Cash was this was gonna be busy .

He has been really good this season, hope people don't start calling for his head, would be ridiculous

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Think if this was any other weekend this thread is empty, the fact KKH was so good against city for Swindon, no matter how good Cash was this was gonna be busy .

He has been really good this season, hope people don't start calling for his head, would be ridiculous

Yeah one bad game. He’s been excellent for the most part since he’s joined us. 

Just not convinced by him and i dont think Gerrard is easier hence Kesler Hayden coming back in, i wouldnt be suprised to see digne and hayden as the full backs in the future as both give more going forward

Crossing thing is really starting to bother me. Neil Taylor level precision, I have zero confidence any time he gets into a good position. Pretty much got until the summer to improve that, club has already showed it isnt messing around. It'll identify weaknesses and seek to improve them very quickly. 

• Like 1

His crosses rarely pose a threat and he gets caught out of position, which often results in risky last-ditch tackles in and around our box. Yes he has an amazing gas tank and gives it his all but I'm just not convinced he's good enough for where we want to be next season.

Big ask for KKH to step up and I'm not sure Fred's crossing and defensive attributes are any better.

We may need to look for an upgrade in the summer.

Some really damning stats here towards bottom of Buendia interview on Sky Sports website. 

Lowest chances created of any of our (non CB) outfield players by some distance. Given the full backs are given so much licence in Gerrards team and he's deemed the more naturally attacking of the two its not great to be honest. Just afirms what we see with our eyes though his crossing particularly (or just composure maybe in advanced areas) needs major major work. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12513492/emi-buendia-on-aston-villa-form-steven-gerrard-philippe-coutinho-lucas-digne-lionel-messi-dream

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Some really damning stats here towards bottom of Buendia interview on Sky Sports website. 

Lowest chances created of any of our (non CB) outfield players by some distance. Given he's the full backs are given so much licence in Gerrards team and he's deemed the more naturally attacking of the two its not great to be honest. Just afirms what we see with our eyes though his crossing particularly (or just composure maybe in advanced areas) needs major major work. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12513492/emi-buendia-on-aston-villa-form-steven-gerrard-philippe-coutinho-lucas-digne-lionel-messi-dream

Damn those are awful stats for him.

Â