Matty Cash

paul514

Cash was comfortably one of our best performers today , agree about being a bit rash at times but his current expected role is a busy one ,when your expected to be at both ends of the pitch relentlessly it will lead to mistakes and out of position ,it comes with his job ,he did well 

• Like 1

cash just needs a push i think. no one breathing down his neck and think thats the case at international level too (think their RB/RWB before cash registered plays for QPR or someone)

hoping kessler is around the first team next season

Cash and Targett are both ok. They have good and poor elements to their game. They are being asked to play an important role in the team and both are doing their best. Neither are good enough for a top 6 team yet and I suspect neither of them ever will be. They do a job for us now and will probably be replaced by this time next year. In the meantime they will continue to be ok.

• Like 1

He can be frustrating there’s no doubt about it. But for where we are right now there’s probably no one better. Him and Targett are also being asked to play more advanced and it’ll probably take time for them to adapt, I don’t think Targett can adapt personally. If Cash works on his delivery he’ll be great for us 

22 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Cash and Targett are both ok. They have good and poor elements to their game. They are being asked to play an important role in the team and both are doing their best. Neither are good enough for a top 6 team yet and I suspect neither of them ever will be. They do a job for us now and will probably be replaced by this time next year. In the meantime they will continue to be ok.

The thing is then poor elements are in defending which they should be good at.

I could argue crossing should be not as good but both suffered in basic defending...the main one positioning.

Every team we play stick 5 in the middle and exploit the space we give them...better positioning by cash and that first pass by Chelsea is back...not forward amd thus resulting in a rash tackle 

27 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Agree with all this. Cash and Targett are £10-15 million full backs in a division where the top full backs are two to three times that value. Like you say, they have both good and bad elements to their game and are inconsistent, that's why they cost what they did.

Will be interesting to see if they are to be replaced if the aim is to move up to places 6 to 8 rather than midtable. Also as their positions are now really important for the way the team plays.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It feels like he has conceded a lot of penalties since he joined the club. Does anybody know the actual amount he’s conceded and how that compares to other PL defenders in the same timeframe? 

3 apparently since he signed which is still high. Most of any Villa player 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Poor for the penalty and seems to make these type of mistakes too often.

Such a crucial goal to concede too.

Its baffling how someone playing at the level he is, would make such a clumsy, rash challenge as that. I mean, his dad played the game professionally. He has obviously learnt the game from a very young age. The real scary thing is, it's not the first time he's cost us with that kind of mistake. It literally is "schoolboy stuff".

• Like 1

Â