Matty Cash

paul514

I think he'll be one of the players most of risk under Gerrard - not just yet but needs to improve his numbers in terms of the threat he poses and useful balls he gets into the box. I'd also add Konsa into this. I rate him highly and it may be that he needs someone better next to him as the 'talker', but I think under Gerrard we'll be after another starting centre-back who is better in possession than Konsa.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peterw said:

I think he'll be one of the players most of risk under Gerrard - not just yet but needs to improve his numbers in terms of the threat he poses and useful balls he gets into the box. I'd also add Konsa into this. I rate him highly and it may be that he needs someone better next to him as the 'talker', but I think under Gerrard we'll be after another starting centre-back who is better in possession than Konsa.

I think Konsa is good in possession. Isn't that one of his strong points?
If anything, Konsa will be replaced because he perhaps isn't as physically imposing or 'aggresive' as other centre halves. To be honest, I think Mings and Konsa will be our centre back partnership next season but agree Cash might be replaced as Gerrard loves high output in the attacking areas from his fullbacks. I actually really like Cash, I think he's a terrific player. 

• Like 1

£40m would be a great deal for Cash but who do you buy?

£40m you can buy an upgrade but either you go the Digne-route and buy a top player who is a bit older, or you go try and tempt a Lamptey-type who is young enough to play for years. Both could have an adverse impact on Kesler, an older player less so but then you have a LB and RB pushing 30.

Cash is in the Goldilocks-zone where he is not so good that Kesler can't come through and compete with him, whilst Cash is still good, consistent and young enough that he has good sell on value. 

At some point though, having players with sell on value need to start...well, being sold for good value.

Edited by HalfTimePost

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

£40m would be a great deal for Cash but who do you buy?

£40m you can buy an upgrade but either you go the Digne-route and buy a top player who is a bit older, or you go try and tempt a Lamptey-type who is young enough to play for years. Both could have an adverse impact on Kesler, an older player less so but then you have a LB and RB pushing 30.

Cash is in the Goldilocks-zone where he is not so good that Kesler can't come through and compete with him, whilst Cash is still good, consistent and young enough that he has good sell on value. 

At some point though, having players with sell on value need to start...well, being sold for good value.

We have a far far far far far far far far better player in KKH and we just signed Callum Chambers for back up. Ashley Young too if needed. Guilbert if we wanted to keep him for a season too

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

40 mil, amazing. I'd sell him for 30 mil. I've a better cross on me than Cash. KKH is our starting RB next season for sure

A teenager, however prodigiously talented, is obviously not guaranteed to be our starting RB on the back of 18 league 2 games.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

40 mil, amazing. I'd sell him for 30 mil. I've a better cross on me than Cash. KKH is our starting RB next season for sure

Like Cash and he’s a fine defender, but 40 mil is great business and KKH is definitely the future. If he’s ready to take over in August then make it so, Chambers can cover for KKH if needed. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think Konsa is good in possession. Isn't that one of his strong points?
If anything, Konsa will be replaced because he perhaps isn't as physically imposing or 'aggresive' as other centre halves. To be honest, I think Mings and Konsa will be our centre back partnership next season but agree Cash might be replaced as Gerrard loves high output in the attacking areas from his fullbacks. I actually really like Cash, I think he's a terrific player. 

I think how comfortable Konsa looks on the ball and the reputation he had as a ball-playing defender when Villa signed him masks the fact he's had quite terrible stats in terms of passing/general possession in his time here. I'm not sure whether it's a matter of not being brave enough, the instructions he's gotten or what as it seems to be the case that the ability is there but you're talking bottom 10% in Europe on a lot of his numbers as the majority of his passes are either to Mings or Martinez and he does little carrying of it himself. It's strange.

Cash I think has been great, so sound defensively and has amazing energy but I do agree with folk that he needs to find more consistency in his end product, especially in this system where there's more of a reliance of the full backs. He regularly gets himself into great positions and just seems to lost his head when it comes to his decision making in those moments.

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Sadly I think so. But imagine if we sell players for far more than their worth to us. That is how we can make big strides forward

Matty Cash will be our Leicester moment if he goes, we'll max out on profit then spend a third of it in a better replacement, or promote from within.

All hypothetical but sounds good😬

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Matty Cash will be our Leicester moment if he goes, we'll max out on profit then spend a third of it in a better replacement, or promote from within.

All hypothetical but sounds good😬

All our signings being worth more when we sell is a great model. I think AEG and Trez are the two who we need to see what we get for them. If we can get like 15-20m for them combined that'd be amazing work

• Like 1

Â