Matty Cash

paul514

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s at least wait until we see him play in the first team before thinking he is better than Cash.

I know, right?

I'm not saying he won't be a good player but he hasn't even played a championship level game!

I'd happily sell Cash for 40m though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

We have a far far far far far far far far better player in KKH and we just signed Callum Chambers for back up. Ashley Young too if needed. Guilbert if we wanted to keep him for a season too

We have a *potentially* far better player in KKH. 

If we sell Cash we have to replace. Chambers can be emergency backup but we couldn't rely on him as a marauding fullback in a European push.

I think KKH has an opportunity to win the shirt next season too, but selling all viable options, not replacing them and then handing him the starting position in a team demanding Europe after he's had 18 games in the 4th Tier of English football is a recipe for disaster. For him and for us.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Looking like this might actually happen, fair play if he gets the move

How is it? The Sun have mentioned it with a £10m range for a potential price and literally nobody else has spoken of it.

How is it looking like it's going to happen?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

How is it? The Sun have mentioned it with a £10m range for a potential price and literally nobody else has spoken of it.

How is it looking like it's going to happen?

This

14 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I really like Cash, think he’s been our most consistent player this season and has the exact attitude you want in a first teamer. Has some limitations, and if we can turn a £25m profit in 2 years then I suppose there’s a decision to be made.

Pretty much how I feel really. Love his attitude, energy and positivity, but if we wanted to push towards the top 6, I think we'd need better. For £40m I'd definitely sell.

I actually feel like Cash that might be a player that Gerrard may have wanted to upgrade on anyway. So this could be a good deal for all parties providing we can find a  replacement. 

Edited by PieFacE

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Pretty much how I feel really. Love his attitude, energy and positivity, but if we wanted to push towards the top 6, I think we'd need better. For £40m I'd definitely sell.

Wow - dying to see who is incoming if Matty Cash is deemed not good enough.

£40m for Cash?! I can’t see it personally but if it happens I won’t be too disappointed as I think he’s on the same level as Targett (who I also like), maybe slightly better, but improve-able nonetheless 

Edited by david-avfc

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

We have a far far far far far far far far better player in KKH and we just signed Callum Chambers for back up. Ashley Young too if needed. Guilbert if we wanted to keep him for a season too

Probably one day. Probably soon.

Don't think the lad with 0 PL apps is quite as good defensively as Cash right now though.

And how will his confidence be if he gets roasted his first few games? Suddenly his attacking play might go wobbly.

These things aren't set in stone for us to happily sell a starting player, from a football point of view.

From a business point of view, I think the club accepts a bid of £40m.

• Like 4

Â