Matty Cash

paul514

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Thought he was shocking today, he  has been poor to.average all season but got away because he is committed 

Not much "thought " about it, for me. He is up there with Nathan Baker when it comes to being a liability in the six yard box, and that's saying something. 

And his final ball is far too inconsistent. Someone needs to whisper in his ear, " relax, relax" .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

3 apparently since he signed which is still high. Most of any Villa player 

Been a fullback for all of 3 years now.  Committing mistakes like yesterday are all part of the learning process. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Thought he was shocking today, he  has been poor to.average all season but got away because he is committed 

That mistake was the turning pointy in the match. You cant give sides like Chelsea those type of breaks.  If he keeps making them he isnt going to last long. Targett is a far better defender. 

To be fair to Cash, it was 2 on one. Once the ball was played in behind, his CB partner (Konsa) made ZERO effort to cover the run, despite not being on another player.

Still - don't leave the ground in the box. Angle was tight, you have to let him go

All of our players need to learn to stay on their feet, Target and Cash both attempted sliding tackles in this game alone. Douglas has also been known to dive in but he appears to have cut this out of his game. Ming's also has to learn not to over comit . 

The Chelsea player went down easily as well, a trick we need to learn . Ings had a decent appeal that we just let go. We need to hoof the ball out and surround the ref and force a VAR decision. 

2 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

The levels of overreaction to players after each game is baffling. Scroll back just a few pages and you could be reading about a totally different player.

Cash is a highly competent fullback who, by and large, has been very good this season. Yes, he’s impetuous and needs to cut the rash challenges out of his game, and there are no excuses for yesterday.

But for where we are, and even the next step of where we want to be, he’s a good fit for us and he’s improved in his time here. There are more important priorities for us to address at the moment. 

Other than Emi, Mings, Konsa, McGinn, Luiz, he is a definite 100% starter for me. 

He is a really solid player, and a top professional.

If there is a problem, he isn't a part of it.

That challange was silly - but mistakes happen. I was in Witton Lane and you could see how gutted he was.

• Like 1

One aspect of Cash's play that I don't think gets mentioned enough as his passing.

Its not rare to find Cash having the most misplaced passes out of all Villa players in a match. It gets even worse when you only look at outfield players, since Martinez as the goalkeeper is understandably topping these numbers himself sometimes. Like, 4 of the last 5 matches he's misplaced most or the joint most passes of any Villa outfield player.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

10 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

One aspect of Cash's play that I don't think gets mentioned enough as his passing.

Its not rare to find Cash having the most misplaced passes out of all Villa players in a match. It gets even worse when you only look at outfield players, since Martinez as the goalkeeper is understandably topping these numbers himself sometimes. Like, 4 of the last 5 matches he's misplaced most or the joint most passes of any Villa outfield player.

Stats like that plus his poor crossing shows why Forrest moved him back to FB in the first place. Not trying to slate Cash as he was a huge improvement on what we had before. 

I just think he will always be a pacy, athletic FB with average at best technique. Probably will never get to top 6 level but we aren't anywhere close to being a top 6 side so he is low on the list of needed improvements. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

To be fair to Cash, it was 2 on one. Once the ball was played in behind, his CB partner (Konsa) made ZERO effort to cover the run, despite not being on another player.

Still - don't leave the ground in the box. Angle was tight, you have to let him go

A Schoolboy shouldn't make that mistake. Trust your keeper. He wasn't even in on goal. The Unforgivable thing is, it's not the first time.

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Other than Emi, Mings, Konsa, McGinn, Luiz, he is a definite 100% starter for me. 

He is a really solid player, and a top professional.

If there is a problem, he isn't a part of it.

That challange was silly - but mistakes happen. I was in Witton Lane and you could see how gutted he was.

I should hope he was gutted, and deeply embarrassed. 

He's been great for us but if we want to move forwards he's got be one of the first positions we look to improve on. Hope he'll be happy to remain part of the squad though. 

Acknowledging that he’s only been a full back for 3 years I don’t believe he is learning his lessons.  Kenny Swain was similarly converted from a winger in about the same time.  Swainy was a class act who didn’t continue to make the same mistakes.  Swainy was also excellent going forward with a great cross.  However that said our right side with Des Bremner was particularly solid.

• Like 2

Â