Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

I am all for this transfer, much more than Watkins if it is one or the other. However, I cannot see why Celtic would let him go prior to the resolution of the Champions League Qualifiers. That would be middle of September, with round 2 starting on Wednesday. 

Edited by Tez500
Spelling

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Mbappe is 21. He has been one of the best players in every team he's played in, has already has a world cup and could have a champions league tonight. I think he's made it.

I can see what you’re saying but I don’t think anyone can say they’ve made it until they are 40 years old and they can look back at their medals and trophies and say ‘Yes, I made it as a professional footballer.’ Players that think that they have made it and still playing are foolish in my opinion. If a player had that attitude then he or she wouldn’t be respected in their dressing room for me

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Ah, Celtic get £30m from Villa and then use the cash to buy Rashica as he is so desperate to play CL.

But does he fancy playing at McDiarmid Park on a freezing cold and wet Wednesday infront of 9,500 people?

25 minutes ago, rayk said:

So explain Van Dijk or Dembele then.

.........yes exceptions to the .....vague bit popular rule.

And HTF does McGinn fit into that paradigm with Hibs?

For VD see Maloney. For Dembele see McGeady. 

Some players have done alright, but it's stupidly easy to find those who haven't. 

It's such a piss poor league Scott Sinclair left us and went up there and scored 17-18 goals or whatever it was. FROM THE WING.  

17 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Ah, Celtic get £30m from Villa and then use the cash to buy Rashica as he is so desperate to play CL.

Sounds like a good idea for a thread that

• Haha 1

If you look at the players who've left the Scottish Premiership for big money most of them have done okay... These are the top eleven...

Kieran Tierney, Moussa Dembélé, Van Dijk, Wanyama, Hutton, Fraser Forster, Alan McGeady, Jean-Alain Boumsong, Craig Gordon, Carlos Cuéllar, Stillyan Petrov...

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Here we go again.

Going to be another 150 pages for a journalist reporting speculation.

Without at least 2 decent punathons, I think we'd do well to get past 80 before he signs though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

If you look at the players who've left the Scottish Premiership for big money most of them have done okay... These are the top eleven...

Kieran Tierney, Moussa Dembélé, Van Dijk, Wanyama, Hutton, Fraser Forster, Alan McGeady, Jean-Alain Boumsong, Craig Gordon, Carlos Cuéllar, Stillyan Petrov...

And that fella who went to Barcelona whose name escapes 

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If a player had that attitude then he or she wouldn’t be respected in their dressing room for me

I reckon this is the kind of thing that keeps Mbappe up at night. 

• Haha 3

Ignore the league he plays in and look at the player himself. Grealish was excellent in the championship but you could tell just by watching him that he'd have no problem in the Premier league, Édouard has that same quality.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I can see what you’re saying but I don’t think anyone can say they’ve made it until they are 40 years old and they can look back at their medals and trophies and say ‘Yes, I made it as a professional footballer.’ Players that think that they have made it and still playing are foolish in my opinion. If a player had that attitude then he or she wouldn’t be respected in their dressing room for me

Wow, I do feel sorry for Messi.  He's still got to wait 7 more years to decide if he's made it or not. Harsh on the poor fella. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Wow, I do feel sorry for Messi.  He's still got to wait 7 more years to decide if he's made it or not. Harsh on the poor fella. 

Never played for the Villa. The clock’s ticking for the lad. 

• Haha 2

Â