Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

Just now, HongKongVillan said:

Hope this has legs and fits the logic of signing quality, and not for quantity

I just hope he signs, we can worry about whether he is any good or not afterwards

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Celtic can get ****. I hate them. All that sectarian bollocks, disrespecting the poppy, dishonouring British armed forces that thousands of Scottish soldiers served and died in. They can eat a bag of dicks.

And I say this as a Catholic from an Irish family.

I'd pay 30m to take their pride and joy off them and upset them. Bargain.

Probably not the best reason for spending 30m.

35 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Celtic can get ****. I hate them. All that sectarian bollocks, disrespecting the poppy, dishonouring British armed forces that thousands of Scottish soldiers served and died in. They can eat a bag of dicks.

And I say this as a Catholic from an Irish family.

I'd pay 30m to take their pride and joy off them and upset them. Bargain.

Mate, all that sectarian bollocks that you are perpetuating........

I’m a Catholic too but sweet Jesu......yep Edouard is a bargain at £30m lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

This is the one I really want, been hoping we would go for him for a year or more. I'd love us to get him.

Me too buddy, the SPL get a bad rep......but this kid comes from PSG, all the youth internationals etc.

In fact the only criticism should be why hasn’t he scored more if the SPL is so bad.

But I’m quite okay with what he has scored so I’m too keeping everything crossed for this one.

15 minutes ago, rayk said:

Me too buddy, the SPL get a bad rep......but this kid comes from PSG, all the youth internationals etc.

In fact the only criticism should be why hasn’t he scored more if the SPL is so bad.

But I’m quite okay with what he has scored so I’m too keeping everything crossed for this one.

Matija Sarkic, Mitchell Clark, Easah Suliman, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy and Andre Green all had youth international caps and none of them are still with us. I thought they all had a chance of making it with us, it shows what I know

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Matija Sarkic, Mitchell Clark, Easah Suliman, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy and Andre Green all had youth international caps and none of them are still with us. I thought they all had a chance of making it with us, it shows what I know

Absolutely.....but Edouard has done it at Celtic....(our lads didn’t re other clubs)...so he’s made the grade much more than any you’ve mentioned.

Just now, rayk said:

Absolutely.....but Edouard has done it at Celtic....(our lads didn’t re other clubs)...so he’s made the grade much more than any you’ve mentioned.

In the SPL. The absolute dross that could score goals for the best side in that league is incredible. Doing well for Celtic doesn't say a whole lot. 

16 minutes ago, rayk said:

The last player we signed from the SPL hasn’t done too badly. In my opinion, where the player comes from or what level he has played at is irrelevant. The player just has to be of a certain level, since we achieved staying up, we seem to be linked with a better standard of player, it bodes well for me

1 minute ago, rayk said:

No-one has made it at the age of 22, a player would be foolish if he or she thought that

1 hour ago, Spray said:

Wow. Another thread for a player we haven't bid on, or have had a confirmed bid accepted.

I just scrolled through Nixon's tweets and he reckons Benrahma is in the £30m range HAHAHA. Give me a ******* break already.

Well there lies the problem. If Mr Nixon gives you a break, then surely he must be giving everyone else a break. That could even be construed as the entire World Wide Web. That’s a lot of people to speak on behalf of. The aforementioned Mr Nixon may be talking completely out of his lower intestinal tract but a lot of us are obsessed enough with the subject to want to read and often tear apart his tripe. That probably extends to lots of other contributors who are equally informed or misinformed and who’s words are equally dissected in great detail. 

Are we all sad? Well to some extent quite probably yes but we can’t fill every hour of every day with worthy deeds and/or gainful employment. The alternatives have probably been covered in here, often in too much detail, but a man’s got to try his best to stay sane without running out of tissues or drinking himself to death. 

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In the SPL. The absolute dross that could score goals for the best side in that league is incredible. Doing well for Celtic doesn't say a whole lot. 

So explain Van Dijk or Dembele then.

.........yes exceptions to the .....vague bit popular rule.

And HTF does McGinn fit into that paradigm with Hibs?

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No-one has made it at the age of 22, a player would be foolish if he or she thought that

I said he’d made the grade much more......not ‘made it’.

But actually loads of players have made it by 22....just not many or any of ours.

Okay, let’s go for a reset. 

SPL for me is two leagues.

Celtic, Rangers - mid to lower league Prem.

Everyone else Champs/League One.

So difficult to really form a picture.

But Celtic have played in Europe recently, which we haven’t.

So I’d a player does well for Celtic and he has the pedigree of PSG behind him and is still only 22.......I’m betting he’s better than Wes or Samatta......or Watkins for that matter.

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Mbappe is 21. He has been one of the best players in every team he's played in, has already has a world cup and could have a champions league tonight. I think he's made it.

• Like 1

Â