Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

I have no idea how good he is.

He scored 22 goals in a season, in a league where 4 years ago Leigh Griffiths scored 31 In 34 appearances. This was 2 years after managing 12 in 26 for league 1 wolves. 

£30m is far too much for any player in the SPL.

• Like 4

Got 4 goals and 1 assist so far this season as well in only 4 games. Last season he finished with 27 goals and 19 assists in 45 games. And got 6 goals and 5 assists in European competitions in 13 games. So not really a bad haul. If we signed him it would be an unbelievable signing he is tall fast and strong but most importantly skillful. If we have him and Wesley off the bench cbs will get no rest and will have to play someone who can physically contend with them for 90 minutes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Edouard plays in the Champions League...

So did van Djik at the time, and they sold him...

to that big club Southampton. They can fart all they like about them being a massive club, but in that tin pot league they have zero pulling power compared to the premier league.

Edited by stewiek2

14 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

He didnt though. Celtic wouldn't pay the asking price.

So there wasn't a choice to make apart from stay or go to villa.

Sounds like a situation we currently have going on with another player🤔

Does anyone question McGinns desire or commitment now?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Never seen him play, but has a good reputation and is doing it for France u21s as well as Celtic which shows he has something about him. The French set up up at the moment is very impressive. I like the fact that he has numerous assists as well as goals which shows he has more to his game. 
For those who scorn, coming from Scotland, the last few years Forster, Wanyama, Van Dyke and Trippier have all done well since moving south of the border. From what I’ve read about him he seems the type that if he joined another team, there would be comments after a season along the lines of “Why do we never take a gamble on these type of players”. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thug said:

I have no idea how good he is.

He scored 22 goals in a season, in a league where 4 years ago Leigh Griffiths scored 31 In 34 appearances. This was 2 years after managing 12 in 26 for league 1 wolves. 

£30m is far too much for any player in the SPL.

Yep Leigh Griffiths also came from the PSG stable, and had a 2 goals per game at U21 level.

Surely the better comparison would be Moussa Dembele (also from PSG, via Fulham)....

46 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Mcginn chose us over them when we were in the Championship

No he didn’t, Celtic just didn’t pay what Hibs wanted. We did and so he signed for us.

Given his family links to Celtic, absolutely no way he’d have chosen us over Celtic.

• Thanks 1

Just now, rayk said:

No he didn’t, Celtic just didn’t pay what Hibs wanted. We did and so he signed for us.

Given his family links to Celtic, absolutely no way he’d have chosen us over Celtic.

Releax mate we've covered it.. Was a tongue in cheek comment 

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

You cannot claim that. And I completely disagree. He would and does earn way more money at Villa than he ever would at Celtic for one thing.

Villa sold him the vision of being a premier league player and that's what he is, and it trumps being at Celtic. Easily.

Edited by Mazrim

Â