Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

Watkins was decent enough playing out wide, and if he signs I'm sure we'd use him there on occasion, but he was nowhere near as good as he was when playing as a centre-forward where he was outstanding, and it wasn't just scoring goals where he improved, his overall game and consistency improved. Whoever it is that he signs for he'll be signed primarily as a centre-forward.

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

+, according to one Celtic supporter, why would he choose such a 'boring' club as Villa. Could you really describe Villa as boring!?

I guess he's right, i mean what player would want to swap travelling to play at tannadice on a wet and windy Saturday evening. Look, end of the the day you'll probably get a lot of back and forth between Celtic and Villa fans over Edouard. We are a big club, in a league that dwarfs their one. They can throw the whole " oh we can give him european football" angle on it. They rarely play past Christmas. They know this. Edouard knows this. There is no way Celtic signed that fella from West Ham to not be a replacement for Edouard. They expect him to leave.

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just checked a Celtic forum and they think he is far too good to join us. 

Not many clubs fans like us do they?

Strange, as I actually think we are one of the friendliest/family clubs going ffs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Watkins was decent enough playing out wide, and if he signs I'm sure we'd use him there on occasion, but he was nowhere near as good as he was when playing as a centre-forward where he was outstanding, and it wasn't just scoring goals where he improved, his overall game and consistency improved. Whoever it is that he signs for he'll be signed primarily as a centre-forward.

Plot twist...

We start playing a fluid formation which also switches into 2 up top.

48 minutes ago, Awol said:

In full meltdown already. They don’t seem to think we’re very good. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just checked a Celtic forum and they think he is far too good to join us. 

7 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

+, according to one Celtic supporter, why would he choose such a 'boring' club as Villa. Could you really describe Villa as boring!?

They reacted exactly the same when we signed Shaun Maloney from them aswell.

A 12th hour steal on January 31st deadline day for a cool... £1m.

I find it hillarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not many clubs fans like us do they?

Strange, as I actually think we are one of the friendliest/family clubs going ffs.

You should see Sheffield United's fans hate towards us lately. It's bordering on the obsessively creepy. Vitriolic stuff too. They get really wound up though when you tell them their system and way of playing will fall to pieces and they'll fall through the league's again, when Wilder goes to a bigger club 😁

• Like 2

When Celtic fans say that they feel that Édouard is too good for us me no think that they mean anything bad by it, it's just that he's been linked to much better placed teams than us and indeed it would be a surprise if we managed to sign him, a big statement of intent.

• Like 2

Just popped in on one of their forums to see what they say about him. Jebus! 95% of the screen is covered in adds, you can pretty much only see 1 post, the rest is adds.

They seem terrified of losing him and they also seem to disagree about weather he's a #9 or a #10 :D so perfect for us as we'll get something to argue about.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

When Celtic fans say that they feel that Édouard is too good for us me no think that they mean anything bad by it, it's just that he's been linked to much better placed teams than us and indeed it would be a surprise if we managed to sign him, a big statement of intent.

I would argue that a signing from Celtic is a statement of intent.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

5 minutes ago, sne said:

They seem terrified of losing him and they also seem to disagree about weather he's a #9 or a #10 :D so perfect for us as we'll get something to argue about.

a #22 this season by the looks of it.

0_Celtic-v-Hamilton-Academical-Ladbrokes

I'll get my coat....

• Haha 2

Â