Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

36 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

TWO strikers makes for interesting reading indeed.    

Yeah that's about right JV as Watkins is equally as effective on both left and right wings, which are positions that we're also looking to bolster and improve during this window...

Edouard

Rash B Leipz                                                                Watkins

Grealish         

4 - 3 - 3 etc                    

?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I’d be a bit worried about getting Edoaurd and Watkins though as that means one of them gets pushed out wide and I hate it when managers do that with STs.

Its fine is you’ve got a young ST making a breath through into the team, but not when they are both now established STs.

Out of the two it’s Edouard for me hands down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Edouard

Rash B Leipz                      Grealish                              Watkins

?

Would be nice! Not sure about Watkins on the right tho, he strikes me as the type of player that’s would like to cut inside from the left on his right. But i haven't watched it all that much.

Edited by PieFacE

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Good player and one that I hope we are in for, I think he's the best striker link we've had so far

43 minutes ago, Awol said:

In full meltdown already. They don’t seem to think we’re very good. 

They won't be pleased then if we announced him this week would they.

It wouldn't suprise me if it was already done and we move onto signing this striker number "two"??

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Just now, rayk said:

I’d be a bit worried about getting Edoaurd and Watkins though as that means one of them gets pushed out wide and I hate it when managers do that with STs.

Its fine is you’ve got a young ST making a breath through into the team, but not when they are both now established STs.

Out of the two it’s Edouard for me hands down.

I get what you're saying, but by all accounts, Watkins is actually a Winger/Wide Forward converted to a striker?

I'm assuming/hoping he can seamlessly do both.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Would be nice! Not sure about Watkins on the right tho, he strikes me as the type of player that’s would like to cut inside from the left on his right. But i haven't watched it all that much.

All three in the supporting attack line interchanging and switching sides and through the middle 🤔

All capable of pretty thunderous strikes.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

All three in the supporting attack line interchanging and switching sides and through the middle 🤔

All capable of pretty thunderous strikes.

Yeah would be good to see them all interchange for sure. If we sign any of them 😂

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

They won't be pleased then if we announced him this week would they.

It wouldn't suprise me if this one is already wrapped up and done and then we focus on this striker number 'two!'.

I’m just along the ride and don’t understand all the fan frustration, tbh. This looks likely to be our best window in over a decade, enjoy it! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Edouard

Watkins                                                                Rashica

Grealish         

4 - 3 - 3 etc                    

?

Is also another possibility in that frame.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

We won't be signing Watkins to play out wide, there's a reason why he was never linked with a move to the premier league when he was playing on the wing, and that's because he wasn't at that level when playing in that position, he's not even as good as someone like El Ghazi as a winger. It's last season playing as an out and out centre-forward where he was outstanding, probably the best striker in the championship, that will earn him his move to the premier league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

At the risk of being shunned, I don’t get the hate for Villareport. All they do is re-report stories from other sources.

I follow it because it’s basically a one-stop Shop for what the media is saying about Villa. I don’t get the notion that Villareport is trying to break news of their own, they’re just a place where Villa “news” is all brought into one place. Whether the reporter is accurate or not isn’t their fault.

Buddy are you new to VT?

***It's an inside VT joke.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Seen some criticism of Edouard in the past that he only scores tap ins. Van Nistelrooy used to get that said about him also. I find that if anything players like that have great positional awareness. How many times do you see a player square it and a striker isn't there or he's late.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, useless said:

We won't be signing Watkins to play out wide, there's a reason why he was never linked with a move to the premier league when he was playing on the wing, and that's because he wasn't at that level when playing in that position, he's not even as good as someone like El Ghazi as a winger. It's last season playing as an out and out centre-forward where he was outstanding, probably the best striker in the championship, that will earn him his move to the premier league.

He was good wide too as far as I could see—the main difference being he wasn't scoring as many, but then he wasn't playing up front.

It'd be good to have players who could play in a couple of positions. That alone would help the strength in depth and give us actual options to change things mid game.

Â