Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

Édouard would be the biggest signing we've made since Bent, probably bigger because Édouard would probably be in more demand than Bent was. I highly doubt we will be able to get him though, he's more likely to go somewhere like Arsenal, Leicester, or maybe one of the top teams in France. Not even sure if we're in for him if we're in for Watkins, Nixon gets so much wrong that can't really count on anything he says.

• Like 1

Picked up by Fox sports down here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/arsenal-transfer-news-gabriel-magalhaes-spurs-Premier League-rumours-premier-league-serge-aurier/news-story/d6083b28de21df36fafa2d74f8d0ffaa

Villa want Celtic champ

Aston Villa were the second-biggest spenders in England last year, but a disappointing season saw them only escape relegation on the final matchday.

Now they are wading into the transfer waters again, with Celtic’s French forward Odsonne Edouard reportedly a top target.

The 22-year-old striker scored 28 goals last season as Celtic romped to another Scottish Premiership title.

Villa is set to offer the Glasgow club £30 million, according to The Sun.

Crystal Palace and Leicester are also in the hunt, while Arsenal were linked to the young gun earlier in the month.

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m waiting for someone to come in and say...

”HE’S SHit, bECAUSe hE’s Not A PRovEn prEmIeR LEaGuE STRiKeR”

The Simpsons Hello GIF

He is a proven Premiership striker though! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The Simpsons Hello GIF

I’m pretty sure that’s already been said more than once. 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Édouard would be the biggest signing we've made since Bent, probably bigger because Édouard would probably be in more demand than Bent was.

I highly doubt we will be able to get him though.

Not even sure if we're in for him if we're in for Watkins, Nixon gets so much wrong that can't really count on anything he says.

Sure he would be in terms of a striker, yes. I agree it's all off the back of a Twitter post from Nixon so pinch of salt stuff absolutely.

We may already have it wrapped up we might not even be in for him?

I'm not sure about the £30m price tag though. He may be the alternative choice to or aswell as, another striker?

As someone recently posted, it's going to be an interesting summer.

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Probably, it’s such a glib statement, that’s counter productive to a a club who wants young and growing players 

We are a club that is very much rebuilding both on and off the pitch. We need to improve the quality of the squad whilst not making huge changes again. To do this the obvious thing to do is to go out and buy proven PL quality players, the problem is they cost a fortune and so we have to be clever in the market. 

The recent additions to the back room staff clearly indicates that we want to be able to find good players that are as yet unproven in the PL but potentially are or can soon be PL quality. A number of clubs have been successful in doing this and people often question why we never find a gem or two ourselves. At the same time they are critical of new players who aren’t already established PL players!

All signings are a risk, the hope is that the new recruitment team and their methods can reduce the risk whilst still finding decent quality. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

We are a club that is very much rebuilding both on and off the pitch. We need to improve the quality of the squad whilst not making huge changes again. To do this the obvious thing to do is to go out and buy proven PL quality players, the problem is they cost a fortune and so we have to be clever in the market. 

The recent additions to the back room staff clearly indicates that we want to be able to find good players that are as yet unproven in the PL but potentially are or can soon be PL quality. A number of clubs have been successful in doing this and people often question why we never find a gem or two ourselves. At the same time they are critical of new players who aren’t already established PL players!

All signings are a risk, the hope is that the new recruitment team and their methods can reduce the risk whilst still finding decent quality. 

Season 3 Episode 304 GIF by Rick and Morty

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Speak for yourself - thanks to Villareport you can get a 10 % discount for buying Villa merchandise. This means we might have less to spend. Stealing stories and now stealing from our warchest. Hate him the pri**.

Do you get a warning from the mods if you mention Ms. Patel's name on here? I didn't know it was classed as a derogatory word...... yet.

• Haha 1

Wow. Another thread for a player we haven't bid on, or have had a confirmed bid accepted.

I just scrolled through Nixon's tweets and he reckons Benrahma is in the £30m range HAHAHA. Give me a ******* break already.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The Simpsons Hello GIF

All our players are now Premier League experienced to be fair, so we actually don't need to sign anyone.

See how easy that was? 😃

Yeah I'd take him.

Players Celtic sell to premier league and other leagues usually do very well. Guy's 22 and just convinces me somewhat more than the Rangers guy. His scoring record for France under 21s is pretty good aswell.

We could and probably will do a lot worse.

Just now, Spray said:

Wow. Another thread for a player we haven't bid on, or have had a confirmed bid accepted.

I just scrolled through Nixon's tweets and he reckons Benrahma is in the £30m range HAHAHA. Give me a ******* break already.

And here you are, in the thread... Commenting... 🤔

SPECULATION threads.

• Haha 3

Â