Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

1 hour ago, tinker said:

He did join us over Celtic........If someone offers you double the money then you go, Chelsea and City would pay the £80m and more if they wanted Jack, they obviously don't.

I like the notion of loyalty to home clubs and all that but the realities of the game shows us it's mostly fantasy, The last player to stay or join a club for the love of it was? 

Gerrard?

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he was a good prospect at chelsea being loaned out everywhere, he was great at Swansea, then he ticked the English box at man city and earned his fortune, found himself his big boobed TV star missus and then ended up at us...his problem for us was that he was shite as a result of taking his £60k a week and not giving two ****, he was a bottler, phoned in way too many performances and was a bit of an all round wet lettuce, so maybe he wasn't a terrible footballer he was just a massive dick, another completely avoidable bad villa transfer

he's still only 31 and he's an average championship player

Please don't disrespect Rosie Webster like this.

helen flanagan GIF by FHM

• Like 4

I’m not the biggest fan of Brendan Rodgers normally but you have to take notice when he says these things about a player.

Rodgers said: “I find myself applauding due to the sheer quality that he possesses, which is incredible. He also has a great footballing brain and technique for such a young player.

“He’s very strong and he also gets goals. He’s a fantastic talent. There have been games when I’ve really wanted to take him out just to give him a breather, but we haven’t been able to do that.

But you can’t deny the boy’s ability. He’s been questioned since he came here, but I’ve always said what a huge talent he is and he’s shown that at training and in the games.

That’s what I love about him. He’s not a big, stiff striker who just stands up there because that’s no use to us. We’re about speed and creativity and what I loved about when I first saw him is his mobility and his ability to find space.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-reveals-how-celtic-13787773

Sounds exactly like the player we need and it’s no surprise to me that Rodgers is rumoured to want him at Leicester.

24 minutes ago, rayk said:

How could he join us over Celtic when Hibs hadn’t accepted any of the offers from Celtic because they were too low?

He could only have joined us ‘over Celtic’ had Hibs accepted offers from both us and Celtic and he chose us.

But that’s not what happened.

Celtic matched our offer, but to quote McGinn "when they (Villa) came in, I was blown away, and there was only one place I was going"

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Celtic matched our offer, but to quote McGinn "when they (Villa) came in, I was blown away, and there was only one place I was going"

That’s not what he says in this article.

He told Sky Sports: “Obviously Celtic made a few offers and it was hard for me [not joining the club]. I was a season ticket holder for 15 years, so I had my heart set on it.

“But then two months along the line it became clear that a deal wasn’t being agreed.

I just focused on my football and then got the opportunity to go to Aston Villa and I was blown away.

“When their bid got accepted there was only one place I was going.”

So SJM has his heart set on Celtic, none of Celtic’s bids were accepted and then we came in with an offer that was accepted.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/17/john-mcginn-opens-up-on-botched-celtic-transfer/

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

That’s not what he says in this article.

So SJM has his heart set on Celtic, none of Celtic’s bids were accepted and then we came in with an offer that was accepted.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/17/john-mcginn-opens-up-on-botched-celtic-transfer/

You've quoted an article where mcginn does in fact say that, albeit I remembered it slightly out of order.

Again, Celtic matched our  bid, Neil Lennon said as much, and Celtics chairman said they did everything they could to secure him, but he chose us, probably because we blew their wage offer out of the water.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Because he was. We all could witness it.  In the SPL he scored 21, 10 and 9 goals from the wing. In the championship he recently scored 3 goals and before that had one season 10 years ago with 19 goals, and before that 0, 3 and 2 goals.

When a player of that caliber can show up in the SPL and score double digits each season from the wing, it kinda tells you how bad that league is. I bet you we could sell them Scott Hogan and he'd get double digits up there right away. 

And this is why it's sensible to consider that Edward/Eduoard or whatever his name is, won't be the quality people expect when you push him into the toughest league in the world. And why it's okey to be vary about paying £30-40 million for him. 

I'll trust those who has watched him more than me, but personally I get Kodjia vibes off him and I'd be surprised if he was the success here people want him to be. 

Either way, lets just hope Deano gets the players he wants irrespective of who they are. 

Sinclair was always a flat track bully and scored against worse sides. It is why he got 9 goals in his first season in the prem. Yes that was 5 years before his move to celtic but in that time he played 70 games in league football and 44 of those games were for teams battling relegation. He was never the best player for that celtic team but Edouard is and that is the difference. 

3 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

probably because we blew their wage offer out of the water.

Correct. Players go where they can get paid the most. All of this rubbish you hear about wanting to play CL football, etc. is just talk. They go where they get the best contract.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

You've quoted an article where mcginn does in fact say that, albeit I remembered it slightly out of order.

Again, Celtic matched our  bid, Neil Lennon said as much, and Celtics chairman said they did everything they could to secure him, but he chose us, probably because we blew their wage offer out of the water.

I’m sorry mate, that article should be enough to prove that Celtics offers weren’t accepted - ie ‘it became clear a deal wasn’t being agreed’.

And if you want anymore evidence, if you look at how SJM describes how much he wanted a move to Celtic no way could that have been that Celtic did have an offer accept3d but that the deal broke down due to McGinn’s wages demand.

But this is getting off topic now 👍

12 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’m sorry mate, that article should be enough to prove that Celtics offers weren’t accepted - ie ‘it became clear a deal wasn’t being agreed’.

And if you want anymore evidence, if you look at how SJM describes how much he wanted a move to Celtic no way could that have been that Celtic did have an offer accept3d but that the deal broke down due to McGinn’s wages demand.

But this is getting off topic now 👍

You're like the Black Knight from Holy Grail. Arguing the toss without any legs.

Lennon confirmed Celtic matched our bid. McGinn could have chosen Celtic. He chose Villa. He even said there was only one place he was going. Villa.

You're wrong. Just let it go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

Tis is my favourite player but it's not quite true about him being loyal, he tried to force a move to Spurs but it fell through and it was hushed. 

I didn’t know that. The hushing up worked. I’m sure it would have come out in this modern intrusive world. 

Â