Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

38 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Would have loved to see how he did in the Premiership (still might, imagine some teams still interested) but I'm guessing Brentford are asking for a heck of a lot for him. 

I've seen Sunday League teams defend better than Fulham, shocking at times. Wonder how long Scotty will last if they keep playing like this. 

Somewhere in the UK, Limpid’s alert buzzer has gone off.

was a great goal but was vs Fulham reserves, I know people have a short memory but 3 days ago we played Fulham 1st team and they were disgraceful. Did people think the reserves would be better

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

was a great goal but was vs Fulham reserves, I know people have a short memory but 3 days ago we played Fulham 1st team and they were disgraceful. Did people think the reserves would be better

Don't ruin the narrative.....

On 01/10/2020 at 19:13, Farlz said:

Just imagine thinking this bloke wouldn't be all that in the Prem. He's absolute quality. 

Pleased with all our business but gutted we never pursued this one more, was the one player I really wanted. 

He’s vastly superior to El Ghazi & Trez, neither of which can do the things he does...

Why not reunite friends?

spacer.png

On 01/10/2020 at 20:59, AV82 said:

Sign him up and get a refund on Traore.

Send El Ghazi & Trez on their way. Get Benrahma in and why not Rashica too if we’re being nice & ambitious?

Don't write Traore off so soon and he can cover CF & RW for us and be a good rotation option.

I’ll stop dreaming now... 😂

• Like 1

On 01/10/2020 at 19:13, Farlz said:

Just imagine thinking this bloke wouldn't be all that in the Prem. He's absolute quality. 

Pleased with all our business but gutted we never pursued this one more, was the one player I really wanted. 

Agreed, was my most wanted signing at the start of the window, albeit based on my entirely UK centric footballing knowledge.  I reckon he'd have been fine in the PL. Hope that if we ever find out he can cut it that its with us and not someone else.

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I doubt the issue with Benrahma coming to Villa has ever been doubts about his quality. He's clearly a very, very good player. More likely Brentford are asking for crazy money, and they've overshot our valuation of him.

Overshot by about £30m, knowing them.

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

He’s vastly superior to El Ghazi & Trez, neither of which can do the things he does...

Why not reunite friends?

spacer.png

If he was vastly superior he would be playing top flight now whether Villa or somewhere else. Fact is nobody has signed this elite 25 year old with 30 top flight career appearances

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If he was vastly superior he would be playing top flight now whether Villa or somewhere else. Fact is nobody has signed this elite 25 year old with 30 top flight career appearances

Albeit, he has only had the opportunity to play in The Championship so far in his career. If he did come here, it would be a gamble but Smith knows him better than anyone. Smith knows if he’s good enough for The Premier League I think

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You can make this argument about Jack being a CL quality player (and you do see the likes of United fans making it).

On 01/10/2020 at 20:16, MachoFantastico said:

Would have loved to see how he did in the Premiership (still might, imagine some teams still interested) but I'm guessing Brentford are asking for a heck of a lot for him. 

Far too good for Scotland

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I doubt the issue with Benrahma coming to Villa has ever been doubts about his quality. He's clearly a very, very good player. More likely Brentford are asking for crazy money, and they've overshot our valuation of him.

After his average play off final he was apparently overrated according to some in here.

Now he just had a good game and now he is suddenly good enough..

Very reactionary :P 

I've been very consistent on Benrahma. Wanted him for a long, long time. He gives us a lot of quality and creativity, would release some of the pressure off Jack.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

After his average play off final he was apparently overrated according to some in here.

Now he just had a good game and now he is suddenly good enough..

Very reactionary :P 

I've been very consistent on Benrahma. Wanted him for a long, long time. He gives us a lot of quality and creativity, would release some of the pressure off Jack.

I'm just wondering now if players don't fancy coming here because they will struggle for game time, with a MF of Barkley Luiz Mcginn, I'm assuming Jack is staying where is so who is going to fancy forcing their way into the lineup past that lot.

Â