Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why is it great news for you? He hasn’t been featuring in the team has he so far?

He has had an injury and also had to self isolate after returning from France.played  20 minutes Saturday and in the squad tonight.Great news because we will still have one of the best performing players in the championship last season.

I reckon Benrahma, Buendia, David Brooks, Josh King, Rico Henry will be fall back options that won't go until after the international window closes next week. They're overpriced but PL clubs will know they'll want away before this window shuts so will wait it out until the domestic window is nearly closed.

39 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Could say that about many good players including Jack but players are judged and valued on more than 2 games.

I tend to politely disagree with you on this.. at the level that Benrahma is/was playing, for him to make the step up and justify the possible price tag, I think he should be turning up in ALL of your big games, otherwise.. its too big of a gamble and at 25, he is no kid. I do think he has quality, we payed 10 million too much for Watkins, we cant afford another gamble like that.

Also, don't get it twisted.. Jack ALWAYS turns up when the pressure in on. 'Pressure is a Privilege'

1 hour ago, handsworthlion said:

I tend to politely disagree with you on this.. at the level that Benrahma is/was playing, for him to make the step up and justify the possible price tag, I think he should be turning up in ALL of your big games, otherwise.. its too big of a gamble and at 25, he is no kid. I do think he has quality, we payed 10 million too much for Watkins, we cant afford another gamble like that.

Also, don't get it twisted.. Jack ALWAYS turns up when the pressure in on. 'Pressure is a Privilege'

I wonder how Jacks stats stack up against Benrahma’s in his last season in the championship.Jack is no doubt a far better player but the championship as you know is a very tough league.Im sure in time you will see Watkins and Konsa will be worth far more than you paid for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

I reckon Benrahma, Buendia, David Brooks, Josh King, Rico Henry will be fall back options that won't go until after the international window closes next week. They're overpriced but PL clubs will know they'll want away before this window shuts so will wait it out until the domestic window is nearly closed.

I think them 2 would be doable and give us a better squad strength but think we need to lose a couple too for it to make sense

10 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

I wonder how Jacks stats stack up against Benrahma’s in his last season in the championship.Jack is no doubt a far better player but the championship as you know is a very tough league.Im sure in time you will see Watkins and Konsa will be worth far more than you paid for them.

Not sure if this has already been spoken of but what is Said like as a character? good lad?

Seems to be an essential that they will be part of our family and get on with everyone.

20 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

He already is. And, from what weve seen of Watkins so far, I'd agree with you there too. 

I really, really like Konsa and think he's been a revelation particularly the last few months. Id put him above Mings at the moment, in all honesty.

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Not sure if this has already been spoken of but what is Said like as a character? good lad?

Seems to be an essential that they will be part of our family and get on with everyone.

Don’t know him but we do have a no dickheads rule so I presume we carried out a character reference before he signed.I am surprised that he hasn’t kicked his toys out the pram as he hasn’t got his dream move but been told he’s desperate to get back playing and was very vocal on the sidelines Saturday encouraging the team before coming on.He gets on very well with Oli who is a model professional.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Don’t know him but we do have a no dickheads rule

I think most Villa fans would doubt that given Brentford signed Pontus but I know most Bees would say he's a different kind of dickhead ;)

16 minutes ago, choffer said:

I think most Villa fans would doubt that given Brentford signed Pontus but I know most Bees would say he's a different kind of dickhead ;)

I’d say border line now but 100% when at the European champions 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can you see us handing Brentford over £50m+ for for two players in the same window?

I don't think he wants to move away from London.

There's a reason why he is still at Brentford, if he does move I think it's to a London club.

I think you may be right. A combo of wanting to stay in London, agent asking for big wages and Brentford asking a big fee. 

Just imagine thinking this bloke wouldn't be all that in the Prem. He's absolute quality. 

Pleased with all our business but gutted we never pursued this one more, was the one player I really wanted. 

• Like 3

Would have loved to see how he did in the Premiership (still might, imagine some teams still interested) but I'm guessing Brentford are asking for a heck of a lot for him. 

I've seen Sunday League teams defend better than Fulham, shocking at times. Wonder how long Scotty will last if they keep playing like this. 

Edited by MachoFantastico

Not one of the best or exciting matches to watch, very patchy in parts, but when it counts Said comes to the rescue as usual with one of his trademark goals, Hope he stays with us, but there is time left in the window for his departure, would team up well with Ollie!!

Â