Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Right, let's get this deal done. Watkins is available, he has a price which Purslow is fully aware of, he ticks all the right boxes and it appears he would be happy to sign for us.

Purslow needs to stop trying to look like a Daniel Levy clone and pay the money. We missed out on Philips and Benrahma last season because we wouldn't pay the right price for key assets and chose instead to stock up with bulk buying cheaper alternatives, so let's stop posturing and get the job done. The Premier League kicks off in six days time and we are woefully under prepared.

A few million saved here and there means nothing if the very real and hugely costly prospect of relegation is the alternative.

We're told that our owners are serious about Villa's future, so if that's the case It's time to stop just playing the transfer game and actually get the deals done!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Nixon needs to write something in the paper every Sunday and gets far far more wrong than he gets right. Which is impressive when you think he must have some kind of contacts in the game. 

At this point I’d believe the banana in my fruit bowl over the angry Scot. 

I expect he lifted this from an article yesterday that headlined “Who should Spurs sign” and Watkins was suggested.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Can anyone really see Levy putting in a satisfactory bid to Brentford? He wouldn’t even bid enough to get Grealish when he could get him relatively cheaply. I think Spurs are being used to gain clicks.

i'd be a bit more concerned if it was anyone other than spurs for this reason. levy would piss about far more than we've done. sadly though i think watkins would rather sit on spurs' bench than play every week for us such is the difference in stature between the two of us currently

18 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Watkins not in Brentford squad today, its happening, I tell ya, its happening, was never not happening.

On that basis we can also expect Edouard & Rashica to sign too?

All 3 have barely featured for their clubs.

All 3 have dragged on for weeks.

That's £70m-£80m of signings right there that would really liven our attacking line no end?

Edit: never added '??'

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

On that basis we can also expect Edouard & Rashica to sign too.

All 3 have barely featured for their clubs.

All 3 have dragged on for weeks.

That's £70m-£80m of signings right there that would really liven our attacking line no end.

🤞that would shut a few people up, please make it so. one thing I don't understand though is and I'm probably wrong, but I've not seen any real bids for them and Buendia or Benerahma, could we have got one of these already secretly in the bag and the hold up is quarantine related.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

On that basis we can also expect Edouard & Rashica to sign too.

Rashica is happening, it's just not happening to us. He's desperate to leave Bremen, he's just got no interest whatsoever in coming here.

I'm very hopeful we'll get Watkins, I think he could be excellent.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Rashica is happening, it's just not happening to us. He's desperate to leave Bremen, he's just got no interest whatsoever in coming here.

I stopped reading to here, went and had a quick tug came back read the rest and slapped the old todger in disgust. ☹️

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Shame for him then that no one seems to be bidding for him.  Maybe he needs to prove himself a bit more before he can be the shoe in for a champions league side like he seems to think he is.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It is a shame if it works out that way, but encouraging to know the club are looking across Europe for players.

I agree, I think Watkins would be an astute signing.

Anxious for this one to happen asap. Dont know what the hold up is, they have their replacement, must be over a few million difference in what we’re offering. Really need to get it over the line though, we should have learned from last season that Brentford wont budge on asking prices so it needs wrapping up before its too late. If we miss out and have to go shopping for 3rd, 4th choice targets there’ll be uproar

23 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'd be a bit more concerned if it was anyone other than spurs for this reason. levy would piss about far more than we've done. sadly though i think watkins would rather sit on spurs' bench than play every week for us such is the difference in stature between the two of us currently

I am not so sure. I think his relationship with Dean Smith May sway things in our favour, plus I think he would rather play than be benched at Spurs. 

• Like 1

Â