Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

41 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

About this argument that he can play wide forward/winger as well, he has played there for two seasons at Brentford right? And as far as I can remember there wasn't any serious interest in him from PL clubs after those seasons, so the PL teams obviously didn't deem him to be PL quality as a winger/wide forward. Just because he was moved to CF and scored a lot of goals, that doesn't suddenly make him a PL quality wide forward/winger does it?

I like the look of him, loyal strong work horse with talent and who scores goals, and wouldn't mind us signing him if it's under £20M, but I'm not really sure of what it is we are getting. I'm afraid the argument that he is versitile and can play wide forward/winger could fool us, or at least me in my eager for us to sign players. 

Think I'd prefer a real quality out and out striker, and then proven wide forwards/wingers who have that position as their main position.

Absolutely.

I think if we get Watkins it’s as a CF though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Is this one of those Mandela effect things? I would have gone with Avenue as well.

Must be. The alliteration of Acacia Avenue also just sounds right.

I actually thought it was Acacia Avenue at first, but decided to do my research and check the intro on YouTube before I posted. I was as surprised as you are.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Did the Rashica thread start to go a bit peculiar after 90 pages as well?

The only football banana related incident I can recall is Julian Alsop and a youth team player.

I will leave it at that.

There have been plenty of banana related incidents in football. All of them unsavoury. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

About this argument that he can play wide forward/winger as well, he has played there for two seasons at Brentford right? And as far as I can remember there wasn't any serious interest in him from PL clubs after those seasons, so the PL teams obviously didn't deem him to be PL quality as a winger/wide forward. Just because he was moved to CF and scored a lot of goals, that doesn't suddenly make him a PL quality wide forward/winger does it?

I like the look of him, loyal strong work horse with talent and who scores goals, and wouldn't mind us signing him if it's under £20M, but I'm not really sure of what it is we are getting. I'm afraid the argument that he is versitile and can play wide forward/winger could fool us, or at least me in my eager for us to sign players. 

Think I'd prefer a real quality out and out striker, and then proven wide forwards/wingers who have that position as their main position.

I think you make some good points here especially during the first two paragraphs Keener window-cleaner. I’ve only seen Ollie Watkins on highlights on Quest, on YouTube videos and I think I saw him once at Villa Park for Brentford, I could be wrong on that. He reminds me of an old fashioned poacher, nearly all of his goals come in and around the 6 yard box

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you make some good points here especially during the first two paragraphs Keener window-cleaner. I’ve only seen Ollie Watkins on highlights on Quest, on YouTube videos and I think I saw him once at Villa Park for Brentford, I could be wrong on that. He reminds me of an old fashioned poacher, nearly all of his goals come in and around the 6 yard box

Kid has it all left foot, right foot, headers. Good positioning. Good size. Get him in

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree with you

He's a discount Rashford which is what we should be aiming for more than the likes of Wilson though as said in latter's thread just now could accept him AS WELL only for right money/contract

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Exeter Fan said:

According to the BBC football gossip page Villa have made a breakthrough in getting Ollie, mind it is the beeb

It’s just a rehash of the football insider article yesterday mate, nothing new. 

Â