Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I have just been watching some streams of this guy. I am starting to warm to the prospect of signing him. He seems to be a bit of an all rounder who will hopefully continue to grow. I will be very happy if this goes through. Good attitude too.

8 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I have just been watching some streams of this guy. I am starting to warm to the prospect of signing him. He seems to be a bit of an all rounder who will hopefully continue to grow. I will be very happy if this goes through. Good attitude too.

I recon he could become a better player than Abraham.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I recon he could become a better player than Abraham.

I know what you mean. I always think Tammy makes bad decisions and it limits him a bit. Ollie is the opposite. He reads the game well and makes the right choices.

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I know what you mean. I always think Tammy makes bad decisions and it limits him a bit. Ollie is the opposite. He reads the game well and makes the right choices.

Exactly.

On the Chelsea forum they have stated that Tammy looks like he is playing on ice at times and is very clumsy.

I've obviously not seen enough of Watkins but from what i've seen he looks like a proper player. Well worth 27 mill or whatever they value him at.

Edited by villalad21

13 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I think if we get Watkins it’s as a CF though.

Yes that’s right, but (and indulge me for a minute on the names) a front three of say Jack, Watkins and Rashica would be less about firmly defined roles than a fluid group of forwards interchanging as attacks develop. An absolute mare to defend against, especially if we have one or two who are really creative & so we’re not relying constantly on Grealish. 

That’s where I think most our budget is going to get focused, a few game changing creative players, and maybe a CB. 

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yes that’s right, but (and indulge me for a minute on the names) a front three of say Jack, Watkins and Rashica would be less about firmly defined roles than a fluid group of forwards interchanging as attacks develop. An absolute mare to defend against, especially if we have one or two who are really creative & so we’re not relying constantly on Grealish. 

That’s where I think most our budget is going to get focused, a few game changing creative players, and maybe a CB. 

Handy to know Watkins has the experience to also play AML & AMR roles if ever required.

• Like 1

Â