Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

No it's not, he's not been playing due to him moving on, but he's been training with the squad since the return, he's a super fit athlete who will be ready to go, his fitness will never be in any doubt I can guarantee you.

I'm just going to watch his replacement Ivan Toney play live on Sky now in the League Cup, hope he's as good!!!

😬 maybe you guys should hold onto Watkins 😅

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

If that was the case and from what I’ve heard from Brentford fans on here certainly isn’t, then I doubt we’d be in for him. I’m not even sure that the basic premise that the stature of Spurs is that high. Yes they’ve been much better run than us during our basket case years, but before that we were at least equal to Spurs. They’ve come close to winning stuff and have qualified for the CL but you could argue that they’re a good business rather than anything special as a football team.l

What planet are you on? When was the last time we finished above them?a decade ago? Meanwhile they've been in the top six while we've been either stinking out the league in the bottom 5, or playing in the second tier.

Outside of villa fans, there's not a player in the world that'd rather be here than at spurs, and it's delusional to think otherwise.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What planet are you on? When was the last time we finished above them?a decade ago? Meanwhile they've been in the top six while we've been either stinking out the league in the bottom 5, or playing in the second tier.

Outside of villa fans, there's not a player in the world that'd rather be here than at spurs, and it's delusional to think otherwise.

Come to us, and he’s virtually guaranteed a first team place. At Spurs he would be back up for Kane. Not delusional to think he won’t fancy that.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I’m not denying that Spurs are a much better than side than us and have been for about 10 years or that we have been a basket case during that time. However they haven’t got the status of clubs that have been winning trophies during that time. I know they’re well run and have a nice new stadium that is in London all very attractive but let’s not make out that they are a wet dream. I think the last time they won anything was the League Cup in 2008 am day they haven’t won the league since the 60s. You can’t say that players will be thinking I can go to Spurs and win things. 

I will admit that they are a bigger draw than us but I’m sick of hearing things like no player in the world would come to us over Spurs. Some players will see us as a team on the up and a team in which they have a chance to play for and grow as we rebuild. They will see a club with huge history, a massive fan base and owners that are building something with the stated ambition of returning us to compete at the top table. They will see owners who have the money and business nous to not just be dreamers but serious businessmen.

I understand why many fans have lost belief in the club it’s been rough but there seems to be too many people who can’t wait to knock any and every aspect of our great club and heap praise on any club that we are trying to compete with. You can call me delusional if you like, question which planet I was born on but nobody should be critical of anyone with a little hope and who wants to stand by the club that they have loved all their lives. 

Just to add, even when we were down in the old third division and in another right mess, we didn’t stink out anywhere. We are Aston Villa anything that stinks in our city is coming from Small Heath. I’d like to think that at the very least our name deserves more respect, especially from our own fans. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Some players will see us as a team on the up and a team in which they have a chance to play for and grow as we rebuild. They will see a club with huge history, a massive fan base and owners that are building something with the stated ambition of returning us to compete at the top table. They will see owners who have the money and business nous to not just be dreamers but serious businessmen.

Sorry but none of the above matters, the truth is Spurs have recently been in the champions league (almost won it too) and look likely to get in again, have better players and a world class manager at the helm. Literally worlds apart from us. Our history is just that and at present we just scrapped staying up, there is no proof we are building anything yet either in my opinion. It looks like the club has told the players we will build something but the evidence so far in the window at least suggests otherwise (well aware still a long time to go) 

• Like 2

Agreed with that. I admire people's optimism, but the fact is, this season marks 25 years since we won anything that's worth winning. Blues have won a trophy more recently than us. We've not been the famous Aston Villa in quite some time.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Sorry but none of the above matters, the truth is Spurs have recently been in the champions league (almost won it too) and look likely to get in again, have better players and a world class manager at the helm. Literally worlds apart from us. Our history is just that and at present we just scrapped staying up, there is no proof we are building anything yet either in my opinion. It looks like the club has told the players we will build something but the evidence so far in the window at least suggests otherwise (well aware still a long time to go) 

There have been a lot of changes to the backroom staff which would suggest promising and positive things are happening. However you’re right, we just stayed up last season and have only made one signing so far, so no concrete evidence of anything. Hopefully that will change sooner rather than later on the signings front. Even then only once we’ve played a fair few games will we know much. I’ll put my hands up to somewhat seeing the world through claret and blue specs. 😎

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Agreed with that. I admire people's optimism, but the fact is, this season marks 25 years since we won anything that's worth winning. Blues have won a trophy more recently than us. We've not been the famous Aston Villa in quite some time.

But we are very often off to Wembley, which is nice.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Correct, but we've been knocking on the door and had a fair few trips to Wembley in that time.

Won't be long before one of those doors opens and we finally collect a trophy.  :hooray:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Correct, but we've been knocking on the door and had a fair few trips to Wembley in that time.

Won't be long before one of those doors opens and we finally collect a trophy.  :hooray:

The great thing is, even though we’ve been pretty awful for too long it’s rarely boring. Even when we get to a playoff final and lose we don’t lick our wounds and come back immediately stronger, not us we have to almost go out of existence.

Then we give ourselves almost no chance of promotion but do it anyway, then no chance of staying up and yet here we are. We must have been to Wembley more times than any side out of the top 6 over the last few years. 

Third division to Champions of Europe in less than 10 years  European Champions to relegated in 5. 

They drive you mad half the time, but there’s only one Aston Villa. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Oh come on. I think the Peace Cup is a major trophy. I have just given the Moonies all my money.

• Haha 1

Is there any proof spurs are even in for him? I just assumed it was Brentford playing the media card and leaking a fake story with no quotes to get us to up our bid?

For that matter, is there any actual proof we're in for him ?

19 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Is there any proof spurs are even in for him? I just assumed it was Brentford playing the media card and leaking a fake story with no quotes to get us to up our bid?

For that matter, is there any actual proof we're in for him ?

It’s absolute BS that’s come from a journo with a terrible record.

• Thanks 1

Â