Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure if this level of panic is sustainable for the next 28 days - try and pace yourselves.

*Edit - sorry, my mistake it's 39 days - we have the weird 11 day extension for players between the Championship and Premier league.*

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, meregreen said:

I think we’ve done that too often in the past, and lived to regret it.. Let’s get our first choices over the line, and not have to make do with alternatives.

Regardless of the costs? 

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We don’t actually know what’s holding this up. Could be a number of things. Without knowing the reasons, I don’t think fans are best placed to advise on the next move. You’d hope that Purslow, Smith and Lange are acting in Villa’s best interests and will do what needs to be done. 

😉

D19A39EE-A88D-4747-968E-80B1A346A393.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We could wait another five and a half weeks and he'd only miss one league game.

Yes it would be nice to have him in and training with the rest of the squad, but I think we can afford to be patient.

Problem is once the main TW shuts - but the championship windows is still open - you could see a scenario where a biggish PL club (Everton\wolves for example )   gets a few poor results - and goes to Brentford and meets the asking price - or outbid us. 

I think this gets done before our first game - or he will go elsewhere. 

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure if this level of panic is sustainable for the next 28 days - try and pace yourselves.

*Edit - sorry, my mistake it's 39 days - we have the weird 11 day extension for players between the Championship and Premier league.*

Panic on the streets of London
Panic on the streets of Birmingham....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Problem is once the main TW shuts - but the championship windows is still open - you could see a scenario where a biggish PL club (Everton\wolves for example )   gets a few poor results - and goes to Brentford and meets the asking price - or outbid us. 

I think this gets done before our first game - or he will go elsewhere. 

But they wouldn’t be able to sign them until January as the window for premier league teams is shut, regardless of which league your buying from

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not my understanding of it.

Championship clubs would be able to sign players from the premier league, but not vice versa, thats the way it used to be anyway never seen any player signed from a championship or another league that has a shorter or longer transfer window to the premier league, when the window closes in your league you can’t sign players except for out of contract players, unless something Has changed 

Â