Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Ah right, I thought it was the other way around! Oh well, we will see. What about Buendia too, is he out and out right wing or is he more central?

I think he prefers the right but can play central. It is interesting to see how Dean plans to fit it all together! We will likely be less predictable this season.

There’s some report claiming that Liv maybe be coming in for him, offering him CL/ title change etc, & Ing is a replacement for Watkin. Trust our owners will not cave in to these so called ESL clubs picking up our best players…it’s unthinkable losing Grealish & Watkins in a single season. 

3 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

There’s some report claiming that Liv maybe be coming in for him, offering him CL/ title change etc, & Ing is a replacement for Watkin. Trust our owners will not cave in to these so called ESL clubs picking up our best players…it’s unthinkable losing Grealish & Watkins in a single season. 

can imagine them lot hissing in to their corn flakes at that link but he's definitely good enough, would be a perfect signing for how klopp wants to play his front 3

absolutely not a **** chance that it will happen though

7 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

With Jack already showing he doesn’t believe in what we’re doing, it’s going to be a lot easier for the likes of Watkins to get their heads turned. I’d hope we’d completely out price anybody right now though

• Like 1

From the Athletic article on Ings I can see him fitting in many roles. I think the main one will be in a central role in a front three like Liverpool use. Ings drops deep to pick up the ball a lot which with Watkins and Bailey as the two inside forwards they'll get in behind defences.

He can also play a central second striker role if we go with a 4 2 3 1 or more like a 4 4 1 1 

He seems to move to left more than the right. So if Watkins is on left he'll be expected to get into box more. So it's a world away from how the left forward plays in our set up last season. Jack primarily carrying into box to create chances. 

I can see Watkins playing a lot off the left forward position and Bailey Right forward. They have pace and very high workrate on pressures. 

Ings will be the best striker Watkins would have regular training and game time with. He's going to learn an awful lot, plus the competition will naturally make him want to raise his game.

There were many matches when Ollie was isolated last season, and some real support up-top will help bring him into the game more. And when people talk about playing out wide, I don't picture him hugging the touchline but more of an outside forward that naturally interchanges with Ings and Bailey. When those three develop an understanding it should be great to watch.

Danny's signing will only make Ollie stronger and he will become a superstar.

Don't forget how many times he hit the woodwork, was offside by 3mm to disallow goals, ridiculous saves etc, he was a gnats knacker away from 25 goals imo.

We are going to cause teams to have some sleepless nights.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Interesting how Deano called Bailey a Striker, I think Dean sees Watkins Ings and Bailey as his forwards. With Buendia in behind them that's a potent attack whatever way we set up. 

Outside of Salah/Mane/Firmino, is there an attacking trio which would scare defences more?

The pace and movement that Watkins/Bailey/Ings will provide is ridiculous.

Really did not think we would sign anyone that would mean we move Watkins away from the central forward position after the season he had, and maybe we haven't. But will be interesting to find out what the plan is and how we'll line up. 

Ings is a great signing regardless but I didn't think we'd sign someone that high profile or experienced for the forward position. 👍

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Interesting how Deano called Bailey a Striker, I think Dean sees Watkins Ings and Bailey as his forwards. With Buendia in behind them that's a potent attack whatever way we set up. 

Man I feel better than I did last week when it was Watkins, Wesley and Davis.

• Like 1

I’m becoming more open to the idea of a front three with Watkins, Ings and Bailey. Each one interchanging with no real fixed  positions. Watkins has shown he can be effective coming in from the left, as long as he doesn’t get stuck out on the touch line, it could work. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m becoming more open to the idea of a front three with Watkins, Ings and Bailey. Each one interchanging with no real fixed  positions. Watkins has shown he can be effective coming in from the left, as long as he doesn’t get stuck out on the touch line, it could work. 

This and with Buendia behind them would be glorious. I do have questions about if the remaining 2 CM's are strong enough to handle the defensive aspects thou. It's a bit top heavy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Digavilla said:

This just apperared on my phone via Google news, daily Express online.

Well Daily Express, Klopp and Liverpool can **** off into the Mersey, never to return.

words removed.

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

This just apperared on my phone via Google news, daily Express online.

Well Daily Express, Klopp and Liverpool can **** off into the Mersey, never to return.

words removed.

haha the article says that they are going to try and sign him for less than we paid for him 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Digavilla said:

I think it would have made more sense to go for Tammy if Watkins was to be sold.

Be staggered and gutted if Watkins was sold.

1 hour ago, sne said:

This and with Buendia behind them would be glorious. I do have questions about if the remaining 2 CM's are strong enough to handle the defensive aspects thou. It's a bit top heavy.

I'd like to see a midfield 3 of Sanson/McGinn/Nakamba or Luiz a solid working 3 similar to Liverpool with a fluid 3 up front

Just now, VillaJay said:

I'd like to see a midfield 3 of Sanson/McGinn/Nakamba or Luiz a solid working 3 similar to Liverpool with a fluid 3 up front

Me too, but that leaves either Watkins, Ings, Buendia or Bailey on the bench. Not a bad thing to have such a player to bring on but ideally you'd have them all playing.

• Like 1

I've just looked at that article, I should have known better but what a complete waste of time. It is a mere suggestion that the Ings signing "may" pave the way for Watkins to join Liverpool. Utter tripe is an understatement. People actually get paid to write this stuff?

Â