Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Depending on your base you can probably pack on between 1-2kg of muscle, maybe? It's not an exact science, but yeah Ollie Watkins has not been 'bulking'. I mean in the pic the OP has seen he might have been carrying a little extra water mass, for example. Certainly didn't look out of sorts last night. 

Yeah he could but I don't think for a footballer who is already pretty muscular that would be very noticeable.

It wasn't a dig at anyone by the way. You just often hear people saying "cor he's bulked up over the summer" 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Adman said:

33/1 premier league golden boot

For those of you who don't understand betting this means that if you place £100 on Ollie to win the golden Boot, you will lose £100 and completely put a Jinx on Ollie's season. 

• Haha 1

Buendia's passing was superb last night but don't underestimate how sexy it was seeing Watkins on his bike, in between defenders everytime Buendia got the ball. He knows everytime that slippery little b****** gets the ball, there is a chance he'll be one on one with the keeper very soon after.

Those two linking up this season will be great and it will be something for the opposition to really think about. Oh, and then there's Grealish linking up with Targett down the left. 

Family Guy Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pukki scored as many as he did because of Buendia. He's a limited striker and still scored a hatful.

Watkins has the ability to score and create for others if the through ball is off line or his touch takes him out wide as well.

Watkins is going to get 20 this season.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I would hope that El Ghazi will be getting less and less game time so I imagine Watkins will be first choice to take them when El ghazi isn't on the pitch.

He's the player who took them last year when El Ghazi wasn't paying (albeit he missed one of two)

Grealish is first choice 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah he could but I don't think for a footballer who is already pretty muscular that would be very noticeable.

It wasn't a dig at anyone by the way. You just often hear people saying "cor he's bulked up over the summer" 

Yeah I imagine with an elite athlete that couple of kilos of weight is more noticeable - and also these are genetically blessed individuals who are used to training every day, so potentially they can put a bit more on?

It was just a passing comment. I remember seeing Gabby warming up first game of season against Wigan, and wondering who he was he’d put so much weight on (guess this was before Insta etc allowed you to follow players so closely throughout the year).

So it definitely happens. But take your point, and it’s quite possible Ollie just looked a bit bigger in certain photos for various reasons.

Apologies for sounding like a certain VT Leeds fan, but Bielsa very closely monitors player weight, and an extra couple of kilos would be something to flag.

But yes I wasn’t for a moment saying that Watkins is out of shape or has piled on too much muscle. Just something to keep an eye on.

Edited by KentVillan

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Buendia's passing was superb last night but don't underestimate how sexy it was seeing Watkins on his bike, in between defenders everytime Buendia got the ball. He knows everytime that slippery little b****** gets the ball, there is a chance he'll be one on one with the keeper very soon after.

Those two linking up this season will be great and it will be something for the opposition to really think about. Oh, and then there's Grealish linking up with Targett down the left. 

Family Guy Reaction GIF

Grealish will fill the space created by the back tracking defenders,  some teams are going to get stuffed next season. 

Buendia will occupy players and could find my dad with a pass (haven't seen him in 35 years) 

Grealish will get doubled up on and still create chances. 

Pacy winger and 2 full backs bombing on with the space. 

Watkins must be a very very happy man right now and targeting 20 goals. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

Buendia will occupy players and could find my dad with a pass (haven't seen him in 35 years) 

Grealish will get doubled up on and still create chances. 

Pacy winger and 2 full backs bombing on with the space. 

Watkins must be a very very happy man right now and targeting 20 goals. 

Check out the link below--application for the TV show Long Lost Family. Hope it works out!

https://www.walltowall.co.uk/casting/long-lost-family_3.aspx

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Grealish is first choice 

Based on what? Grealish has never taken a penalty for us outside of a shootout as far as I’m aware

53 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Taken 2 I think - scored one and missed one.

14 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Hit the bar away at shef utd first year back in the prem.

Yeah my mistake. I was looking at penalties scored. 

I think that Sheff Utd pen is the only one he's taken for us (again outside of a shootout). It was nearly 2 years ago and he missed so I'm not sure how people think he's first choice. It'll be El Ghazi first choice and Watkins second, imo. Unless Buendia takes them

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Based on what? Grealish has never taken a penalty for us outside of a shootout as far as I’m aware

Hit the bar with one against Sheffield. He is first choice outside of El ghazi. And would have taken the one vs wolves but decided against it. 

Â