Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

I understand the concept but don't understand how thicker lines achieve this.  As stated, you will just have one thicker line ahead of another thicker line. 

So instead of it being a tiny thin line the thicker line is placed with the far end at the furtherst point away. And the defender at the closest point. If there is any overlap then he is onside. Even though there is the same margin for error. Because you are already given say 30cm of benefit if the doubt if you are further than that you were offside anyway even if they measured wrong. 

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

There is still going to be a situatiuon in which a player is offside because of one pixel, so there's still that same margin, it's just shifting the line in the attacker's favour. 

OK, I meant in terms of error hindering the striker. Now there is an acknowledged margin of error, where if it falls in that bracket it will side with the striker. Either way, it's good news for Ollie. 

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Watkins will still play every game he can and will still be our lead striker. Ings will either play behind him or on the left.

There's no way we will change Olis position imo.

Not sure how we are going to line but there is absolutely no chance Ings will be out wide, has he ever played there before?

I don't personally like Watkins as a LW. I don't feel like his passing and dribbling technique is good enough to be a wingers. 

Will be interesting to see how Dean sees this. If he doesn't work out to be a good LW we definitely have options now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danishlad said:

Ollie will go out wide. I think it is why we bought him. Cause he can play both.

3 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I don't personally like Watkins as a LW. I don't feel like his passing and dribbling technique is good enough to be a wingers. 

Will be interesting to see how Dean sees this. If he doesn't work out to be a good LW we definitely have options now. 

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Moving Ollie out wide seems like madness to me. He was ripping it up last season.

Watkins can play the left inside forward role in the same way Mane does on the left, or Salah on the right.

I can defo see Watkins with his pace and ability cutting in from the left with Ings as a central foil, with both of them banging goals in.

I imagine Bailey will be doing similar from the right.

We need to not get hung up on LW & RW (in the old sense of the word), if they play as inside forwards they will get plenty of chances to score and assist, i also imagine even if Ings plays the "striker" role, he will still drop deep at times and Watkins/Bailey etc can run past him, it will be very fluid.

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

Very unlikely. We'd only sell Watkins for absolutely ridiculous money.

If Kane goes to citeh can see Levy coming in for Ollie. Hopefully we are in a position to tell him go get f***ed!

8 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

He'll probably be playing as a forward who starts out wide rather than a winger. Kind of like Liverpool's forwards. Their job isn't really to beat a man and cross, but more getting on the end of crosses and pull backs themselves.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Brentford fans seem to think he wasn’t that great out wide. I agree he should be up front 

Exactly, he only got noticed from playing as a striker. 

I just don't think his build up play is good enough. I also thought he was a tap in merchant so happy to be proven wrong 

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think Watkins will stay in the middle with Ings left and Bailey right. No way Watkins gets shifted.

I think similar but I think Bailey will be left with Ings centrally behind Ollie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think similar but I think Bailey will be left with Ings centrally behind Ollie.

Do you not think that leaves us a little unbalanced? I also think that Bailey prefers the right (although he is comfortable on the left). It will be interesting to find out I guess. All eyes on Saturday!

Just now, M_Afro said:

Do you not think that leaves us a little unbalanced? I also think that Bailey prefers the right (although he is comfortable on the left). It will be interesting to find out I guess. All eyes on Saturday!

Ah right, I thought it was the other way around! Oh well, we will see. What about Buendia too, is he out and out right wing or is he more central?

Â