Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

5 hours ago, BOF said:

In one season I think he has become one of my favourite Villa players ever. Absolutely love the way he plays for us. Love his heart on his sleeve approach. The effort is insane, it's like playing with 12 men. The positional sense is inherent, but all of that is combined importantly with a goalscoring ability and a selfless creative influence - those 2 together I've not seen from one of our strikers in a long long time. It's also important, for me anyway, to like the person too. If you add in the fact he's a nice guy with that off the field friendship with Woody the young 'superfan' from Brentford, and how humble he comes across in interviews, there's just so much to like about Watkins.

His goalscoring and creative returns, but most of all his performances have far surpassed my expectations this season and I can't wait to see what he can do going into his second season with a bit more confidence and no fear of what the Premier League has to offer. We have a diamond of a player here and if anything I still think he's massively under-rated by non-Villa fans who only see him scoring or assisting. The longer that continues, the better.

Are you convinced he will be you with and not Spurs next season? The blokes a legend and you've gone through the exact emotions Brentford did. They all said they overpaid him for us, we knew his quality and work ethic combined with the potential and we knew they (and you) had a bargain and they were skeptical just like you lot were when you signed him.. and now look. A villa legend in the making and an England International. The boys done us proud. Can't wait to have a Thatchers with him on his return to Newton Abbot, no doubt the soft lad will want a small bottle of bud as per.

Edited by Exeter Fan

58 minutes ago, Exeter Fan said:

Are you convinced he will be you with and not Spurs next season? The blokes a legend and you've gone through the exact emotions Brentford did. They all said they overpaid him for us, we knew his quality and work ethic combined with the potential and we knew they (and you) had a bargain and they were skeptical just like you lot were when you signed him.. and now look. A villa legend in the making and an England International. The boys done us proud. Can't wait to have a Thatchers with him on his return to Newton Abbot, no doubt the soft lad will want a small bottle of bud as per.

if spurs sell kane and are after watkins, I'm assuming that our owners would be looking to get at least 50% of what they sold Kane for (and we did buy him for upwards 35 million.  Can't see Levy paying that much for him 

9 hours ago, Exeter Fan said:

season 2 lol GIF

• Like 1

It would have to be a massive offer for us to consider selling him. 

To us he's worth a premium, we'd probably consider selling him for £100 million. 

For other teams, he wouldn't be worth a premium, so i'd imagine the most someone like Spurs would offer would be £50m.  Which we would rightly laugh at.

Just now, bobzy said:

Son 😍

Yeah, send them an email with a glorious pic of a smiling Ollie, followed by we would be delighted to offer our striker, K. Davis plus the princely some of 3 million English pounds in exchange for Mr. Son.

Yours sincerely 

J. Lange🖕

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

It's brilliant that Ollie works so hard and that we as fans recognise how hard he works....

But how on earth is this a stand out quality for a professional athlete earning annual salaries over the course of a week. Why is 100% maximum effort not the standard for every professional footballer rather than the exception.

For the money they earn and the lifestyle they have, with fans and coaching staff and club infrastructure all set up to help them achieve, footballers should not have to be defined by how hard they work. Total Effort and hard work should be the standard!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

It's brilliant that Ollie works so hard and that we as fans recognise how hard he works....

But how on earth is this a stand out quality for a professional athlete earning annual salaries over the course of a week. Why is 100% maximum effort not the standard for every professional footballer rather than the exception.

For the money they earn and the lifestyle they have, with fans and coaching staff and club infrastructure all set up to help them achieve, footballers should not have to be defined by how hard they work. Total Effort and hard work should be the standard!!

Agree and disagree

I think some players have to manage their effort during games to ensure that they don't burn out, grealish for example doesn't do doggies but at the end of a game can still sprint the length of the pitch 

We've seen it a few times in the last month, I seem to remember one vs spurs, where Ollie is countering with 5 mins left and he's dead on his feet

He's got one hell of an engine and natural fitness that other players simply don't have, the good thing is the willingness to use it

Another example would be mcginn, I don't think mcginn is lazy or has issues with work ethic I just think there's a world of difference in his and ollies fitness levels 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Exeter Fan said:

Are you convinced he will be you with and not Spurs next season? 

Whut?

Ignoring that he is one year into his contract, ignoring that Spurs are not exactly an attractive proposition right now, ignoring that they are a rival for league position,

When's the last time Spurs signed a player from a club that weren't willing to sell? They're not going to make an offer you couldn't refuse for any player, anywhere.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

grealish for example doesn't do doggies

Have you not seen the photos which were circulating earlier this year? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Exeter Fan said:

Just so you are aware, our owners are absolutely loaded, multi multi billionaires, both of them. They are determined to take Villa to the top. Wes Edens has taken Milwaukee Bucks from a little quaint team to one of the best teams in the NBA, retaining star players. 

No one is taking any player from us we don't want to sell. 

He's also clearly got a relationship with Dean Smith.  I don't see anyone who can afford the fee we would ask being interested in him. 

Â