Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Fully agree, with Jack fit for the season he would have created more chances and Ollie would have scored more goals. 

The issue with Watkins is not Watkins fault. If he gets injured we have Wesley as our only option. So we need another Centre Forward, Tammy is available but given his cost he would be signed to start and that would mean shifting Watkins moving to left Forward. Alternatively we sign a wide forward who can / has played at CF.

It's a difficult one for Deano and Lange to decide upon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

Hes level with Joachim as our highest goal scorer in a Premier League season. Hope he beats it against Chelsea 

Didn't benteke get 19 in one season?

Edit - I beg your pardon you're talking about English strikers.

Edited by Sulberto21

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's not just the goals - he chases, harries and gets into defenders - he's quick enough to get onto a bad touch and big enough to knock you over when he get there. He makes great runs, he's got terrific energy, he gets out wide, he creates space for others, he holds the ball up well and he presses defences like he's two men. He's a bully.

AND he's scoring goals.

Yup, even in a game where he doesn't score a goal or has an assist you still know he's helped out the team every minute he's been on the pitch. Such a vital part in allowing us to play the way we want to play.

Hopefully next season he'll have more service and movement from the players around him when we have the ball and more help with pressing when we don't.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I have seen strikers score more goals than Ollie in a season and I have not been anymore impressed, with their game, like I am with him.

I would be loathe to move Ollie anywhere other than where he is.....we will do well to fight off the predators, because in my view, he is one of the best around.

He will score more in a more complete season, with our best player in attendance.....His overall game, is so complete, just needs a few more around him, allowing him the freedom to work the area.

I think he is a fabulous player......and I don't say that very often.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's not just the goals - he chases, harries and gets into defenders - he's quick enough to get onto a bad touch and big enough to knock you over when he get there. He makes great runs, he's got terrific energy, he gets out wide, he creates space for others, he holds the ball up well and he presses defences like he's two men. He's a bully.

AND he's scoring goals.

Indeed, love him to bits, even with whatever " faults " he might have.

I just want him to get some more help.

With more support he would really go up another level.

He could put most of his effort into actually being a striker!

Wouldn't sell him for anything currently.

He should be the benchmark for our other signings as well.

Even half a team with his workrate would be immense.

• Like 1

Watkins is a stalker, he is without a doubt a football stalker, he will hound you, he will harrass you, he will stick to your behind like a fly around shit.

Without a doubt he is one player I would not like to have on my case, I bet there are many players who have nightmares after games with him. You can bet when it comes to next season the moment we start playing teams some players are going to look at Watkins and think not this F'ing guy again. I mean if Watkins takes all that he's learnt in and it makes him even better at doing what he does now then God help the defenses of this league. I am actually starting to feel sorry for them in a slight way, it must be head mashing.

Let's face it how many goals he's on now? Around 14? He would of been over twenty I reckon if there were no bad ref decisions or vars throwing his goals out, I think our season would of certainly been better.

Watkins is such a wonder player for us that  we've waited for such a long time for a striker like him to come through the door and be ace at it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

me too

would expect us to take 3 striker and i think watkins is a better option than tammy and bamford though due to his pressing which makes him a slightly different option, he can also stretch the line better than any of them

southgate being southgate though...

Tbf to the diving word removed. His pressing stats are equally as good if not better than watkins'

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

me too

would expect us to take 3 striker and i think watkins is a better option than tammy and bamford though due to his pressing which makes him a slightly different option, he can also stretch the line better than any of them

southgate being southgate though...

This whole Watkins is better than Tammy is very strange.

I believe if we never had of got Tammy on loan and Tammy did what he did which is everything Watkins does for us now, we would never of had Watkins at all. Tammy came to us and set the championship on fire and it wasn't just his goals. I have to wonder with some of you do you just remember Tammy's goals because I remember so much more. I remember how Tammy would hound players and pounce on mistakes, I also remember how Tammy would need as many chances as to what Watkins does now, both are very similar in the way they play. There are areas where Tammy is better and areas where Watkins is better.

Without Tammy as Smith became to understand what he could do, I just don't think Smith would of fantasised over Watkins and finally pulled in Watkins in the end. Sure Watkins is older but between he and Tammy they just operate slightly different. I think both have a lot to give this club and Tammy always says here and there that he feels there's unfinished business here, he loved it here and he was like he was he all his life.

I would not say no to having both of them at this club, I really wouldn't, that would be an heck of a frontline with those two at Villa subbing for each other.

If Watkins went down and injured, I couldn't think of anybody better to do what Watkins does now and that's all because Tammy himself does all that what Watkins does. We should all feel confident that either one or the other if one is injured could easy carry in the others work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

This whole Watkins is better than Tammy is very strange.

I believe if we never had of got Tammy on loan and Tammy did what he did which is everything Watkins does for us now, we would never of had Watkins at all. Tammy came to us and set the championship on fire and it wasn't just his goals. I have to wonder with some of you do you just remember Tammy's goals because I remember so much more. I remember how Tammy would hound players and pounce on mistakes, I also remember how Tammy would need as many chances as to what Watkins does now, both are very similar in the way they play. There are areas where Tammy is better and areas where Watkins is better.

Without Tammy as Smith became to understand what he could do, I just don't think Smith would of fantasised over Watkins and finally pulled in Watkins in the end. Sure Watkins is older but between he and Tammy they just operate slightly different. I think both have a lot to give this club and Tammy always says here and there that he feels there's unfinished business here, he loved it here and he was like he was he all his life.

I would not say no to having both of them at this club, I really wouldn't, that would be an heck of a frontline with those two at Villa subbing for each other.

If Watkins went down and injured, I couldn't think of anybody better to do what Watkins does now and that's all because Tammy himself does all that what Watkins does. We should all feel confident that either one or the other if one is injured could easy carry in the others work.

Smith already said watkins was the bets of the Brentford players when he was their manager. 

49 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We can look at all the stats in the world but Ollie has stepped up a level every time and been successful - he will do it for England, no doubt whatsoever. 

Indeed.  Hourihane had done the same until he hit the PL, and found the championship is his ceiling. Watkins is looking like our best striker in decades in the PL, so expecting him to carry on at intentional level, which is really no better than PL.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think opposition players can stab Ollie or shoot him and no foul will be given 

Without being OTT he could be on 20 goals without the shitty refereeing

Agreed 100% . It's a disgrace.

13 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Indeed.  Hourihane had done the same until he hit the PL, and found the championship is his ceiling. Watkins is looking like our best striker in decades in the PL, so expecting him to carry on at intentional level, which is really no better than PL.

Hourihane held back by his workrate. You need that as a minimum in the Prem.

Â